Official PS5 Thread

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/sonyps5/

Scroll down, it's at the very bottom of the page
Shit! I'm retarded.
Here's a random tip. If you do manage to get in the queue early enough to snag one AND you have a PS Plus subscription, don't forget to select the free express shipping option! It defaults to standard even if you have Plus. I actually risked an extra 5 seconds to my check out time to go back and change that when I realized I forgot to select express, lol
Thanks, I am and I will.

It seems Walmart removed the PS5 product page from their site just after todays stock ran out.

It seems Walmart removed the PS5 product page from their site just after todays stock ran out.
It'll come back no doubt, I'm sure they just wanted to slow down some traffic across the site for the rest of the country that's not into console gaming (or scalping, lol.)

Forget Walmart, it's a lost hill. It's the main site that the expensive bots show screenshots from - thousands of checkouts whenever there's a drop. Your only shot is PS Direct for now.

Has anyone done the Best Buy pick-up thing? I'm supposed to do that tomorrow, but other than my confirmation email I don't really have any idea how it works.

I cannot describe how hyped I am about the possibility of a 60 fps Bloodborne update or a remaster for PS5.
It's starting to feel like Bloodborne anything is just not going to happen - rumors upon rumors of PC ports, the prospect of PS4 Pro enhancements came and went, nothing ever happens. But then once you start playing Demon's Souls you may not care (I don't anymore) since it raises the bar in so many ways.

Congrats on hitting those drops today. I got hosed at Walmart checkout like many others. I also hit the sony queue about a minute before Wario64 posted it but I still was nowhere near getting one. Ugh.

Has anyone done the Best Buy pick-up thing? I'm supposed to do that tomorrow, but other than my confirmation email I don't really have any idea how it works.
It's super straight forward. You have 2 options, curbside or go to the pick up/customer service area. I suggest you download the app as it's much easier to setup the curbside. They literally go to your car when you're parked in the designated area. You give them your code that's on your order email for pickup and give you the goods. Congrats!

Here's a random tip. If you do manage to get in the queue early enough to snag one AND you have a PS Plus subscription, don't forget to select the free express shipping option! It defaults to standard even if you have Plus. I actually risked an extra 5 seconds to my check out time to go back and change that when I realized I forgot to select express, lol
No joke, it’s worth it. I ordered at 10pm from Sony, shipped the next day, had it the next. It was so fast Sony didn’t even mark my order shipped for like 2 days after I received it.

what's the Return policy with Sony Direct?...I see 45 days on the website but has that been extended for the holidays?

Since bf1 is part of the ps plus collection I decided to jump back into that again last night and man does it feel so much better on the ps5 than it did on the ps4. Ended up playing for 2 hours and had a blast lol.

My xsx and ps5 are definitely fighting for attention time right now lol

Since bf1 is part of the ps plus collection
God of War also is. Not sure what the PS5 enhancements are, if any, and mostly just wish I had time to play it.

$1.29 for PS Plus two-week-trial key from cdkeys = cheap entertainment.

Last edited:
God of War also is. Not sure what the PS5 enhancements are, if any, and mostly just wish I had time to play it.

God of War and Days Gone both got FPS boosts. I haven't had a chance to play either of them, but the devs both posted that the games will now play at "up to 60fps."

Best Buy's app and site is still saying "Preparing for pickup today" which is what it has said since 5 minutes after my order was confirmed. I'm starting to think this order is fucky.

I cannot describe how hyped I am about the possibility of a 60 fps Bloodborne update or a remaster for PS5.
I wouldn't get my hopes up, but I'm quite a ways into Bloodborne and started slacking because I think I've gotta go into a boss fight with a buncha those annoying chime maidens and I'm not feeling very motivated. Think I'm gonna wait on that PS5 update before I get back into it. :D

I'm right there with you. Also finishing Ghost of Tsushima all prettyfied at 60fps... and a God of War replay.
There aren't any improvements in God of War, are there? I've only just played the first 15-30 minutes on PS4Pro, performance seems similar on PS5. If Ghost of Tsushima benefits then I might pick that up. I recently finished Days Gone on PS4 Pro, running it on PS5 is extremely smooth in comparison; it's very pleasing, it's like 60FPS solid with no frame pacing issues.

Best Buy's app and site is still saying "Preparing for pickup today" which is what it has said since 5 minutes after my order was confirmed. I'm starting to think this order is fucky.
Well, you've gotta wait on a human to check the computer for orders, then move that PS5 from store stock over to the pickup area! Actually got mine a day earlier than they said on their site; you're probably ok, just gotta wait.

I thought I read that there were three different modes for PS4 games, I'm guessing these aren't user-selectable because I don't see any options in the system settings or that game context menu (...).

Unpacked my PS5, download a couple of PS4 games (through PS+), and tried out the AstroBot game/demo.

Initial impressions on the PS5 is that it *is* large, nothing compared to my PC, but definitely much more PC-sized than console-sized. I still am preferring the look of the XSX, but the design is quickly growing on me. And it's very quiet, easily on par with my PC. Quality-wise, it feels premium. Always found the PS4 felt 'cheap' (at least the launch version) - can't say the same for the PS5.

Interface is very well done - feels less cluttered than the Xbox UI, who knows how long that will feel so as more games are added to my collection. Very fast too, which I appreciate. None of that previous generation slog here.

Controller feels great. I read about what an upgrade it is, and didn't really buy it, but it lived up to the hype. The haptics during AstroBot feel fantastic. Sloshing through sand and 'feeling' it... er, feels great. Even if this feature is ignored by 3rd party developers and relegated only to 1st party titles - it'll be worth it. MS really needs to work on a haptic competitor, when people actually get to try these controllers in hand they'll have a hard time going back. Oh, and the strength on the trigger resistance surprised me - I don't have the old man strength that Bennett has, mind you.

Either way, this PS5 is turning out to be a happy surprise. Wasn't planning on getting one this early in its generation (especially during the early 'Beta' launch period of a new console), but I'm feeling very pumped for this console.

If Sony is actually acquiring Bluepoint (who did the Demon's Souls remake,) I think there's a very, very strong possibility that they'll be doing some sort of Bloodborne remaster (or maybe even a sequel.)

Anyone here waiting for their shipping notice from Costco for their PS5 bundle? Hoping they don't back order it again after the estimated ship date.

Anyone here waiting for their shipping notice from Costco for their PS5 bundle? Hoping they don't back order it again after the estimated ship date.
I am also. Some were shipped today, along with emails from costco to most customers that everything was on track for next week. Life is good.

I'm saving god of war for a couple weeks. I have to head out of town for a week for work and plan to bring my ps5 and rock this game finally, never played it so I'm excited

God of War did get a 60fps PS5 update. I watched some videos of it today, looks amazing. I mean I know as a PC user with a beefy graphics card and 165hz display, 60fps is nothing revolutionary, but seeing these last-gen games perform respectably is such a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Received my shipping notice this morning and it hit the road this afternoon from Louisville, KY according to tracking. So, luckily not just a printed label tease.

Received my shipping notice this morning and it hit the road this afternoon from Louisville, KY according to tracking. So, luckily not just a printed label tease.
I am also. Some were shipped today, along with emails from costco to most customers that everything was on track for next week. Life is good.
Ooo, just checked and I just got a notification. NICE! The bundle is actually not too bad as those were items I was planning on purchasing if I was able to cop a console.

Ooo, just checked and I just got a notification. NICE! The bundle is actually not too bad as those were items I was planning on purchasing if I was able to cop a console.
Yeah I wanted everything in the bundle also. BTW mine shipped about 30 minutes ago, sitting in Kentucky.

As long as you have the confirmation email you should be fine.

In case anyone is in the same boat as I am and paired the PS5 with a BenQ EX3203R (a 1440p monitor), the PS5 *does* recognize it as a 4K monitor. Image quality looks great IMO.

20201121_070535.jpg

I played PS5 for the first time at a friends house and the controllers feel great. The speakers on the controller was something I never really experienced before and enjoyed it. I also tried Spiderman, and some area's seemed like it was capped at 30hz. Just choppy and uninspiring to play.

I also tried Spiderman, and some area's seemed like it was capped at 30hz. Just choppy and uninspiring to play.

It probably was. I haven't played it yet, but believe the 'fidelity' mode, or whatever its called, is capped at 30. Performance mode on there is where you'll get 60.

As long as you have the confirmation email you should be fine.

So interestingly enough I got an email from Best Buy telling me that my pickup had been delayed. Not that big of a deal...until I read the next line.
"If we can't get it to the store by Fri. November 27, we'll let you know and cancel the order."
There are no other options, either. If I didn't already have a PS5 (this one is for a friend), I'd be pissed. I'm about 75% sure they'll never get that system in based on that clause.

Totally unrelated, I got my first PS5 crash this morning. Was in the Demon's Souls Nexus and talking to the Umbasa chick. The screen went black and the next thing I know, I got a PS5 main UI message that told me something went wrong.

Is this just a EX3203R thing, or do most 1440p monitors allow this?

It's a limited amount. I only found out about it because MSI (and other brands) were offering a 'console mode' on their 1440p monitors after Sony announced 1440p res would not be supported. Don't know much about how it works, but I'm pretty impressed w the picture quality on my BenQ.

https://wccftech.com/ps5-trick-4k-1440p/

People paying 1.4K for Demon Souls remake =)
You can get a pretty decent used PC for that price no PS+ or anything.

Wait... PS5 doesn't support VRR, doesn't support 1440p and has an HDMI 2.1 that is limited to 32GBs? WTF were they thinking?

Back