Official Launch date of the Xbox360

Json23

[H]ard|Gawd
Taken from Wal-Mart.com Pre-order page for the 360 -

Estimated Arrival Date

Xbox 360 Pro Bundle

Preorder this item today and it should ship on 11/04/2005
These items usually take 0 to 2 business days to process before shipping. They might arrive in different boxes and on different days at no additional charge. They can be shipped by a variety of carriers.

Estimated arrival date
Standard Wed, Nov 09 - Tue, Nov 15

Priority Tue, Nov 08 - Wed, Nov 09

Express Mon, Nov 07

This information is for shipping within the continental United States. For Alaska and Hawaii, allow 2–4 additional days for the item to arrive by Standard shipping. Delivery to APO/FPO addresses is only by Standard shipping and takes 3 to 6 weeks.

online retailers have been estimating the ship date of xbox360 for quite sometime now :rolleyes: this is nothing new.

And this is certainly NOT the official launch date. Only when Microsoft says when it will be available will we know the official launch date.

Exactly. Just because Walmart or Amazon show a "predicted" release date does not mean it is official. Only microsoft decides that...

I just thought it would be worth mentioning because Wal-Mart got it right with the PS2 and the Xbox last time around. It seems to be about the right date. Gamestop also has a list of games being released the week after the launch date, and that date falls on November the 15th. Which adds a little more credit to release date listed.

Can anyone remember what day of the week the Xbox came out on back in 2001?

Killdozer said:
I don't think the real X-Box360 is comming out until it's HD-DVD ready, and that's not happening 'till November 25th

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=25216

Somehow I think I will believe the word of Microsoft when they say that they still have not decided whether or not to use HD-DVD somewhere down the line. If Xbox360 were to get HD-DVD it would have to be at least one, more likely two or more years down the road. Sorry. If you can show me where they are manufacturing HD-DVD drives, and in any sufficient capacity to satisfy the needs for a major conosle launch then I may lend a bit more credence to the rumor. In the meantime the only way MS will be able to get Xbox360, core or premium bundle, to markey before thanksgiving is with classic DVD drives.

Erasmus354 said:
Somehow I think I will believe the word of Microsoft when they say that they still have not decided whether or not to use HD-DVD somewhere down the line. If Xbox360 were to get HD-DVD it would have to be at least one, more likely two or more years down the road. Sorry. If you can show me where they are manufacturing HD-DVD drives, and in any sufficient capacity to satisfy the needs for a major conosle launch then I may lend a bit more credence to the rumor. In the meantime the only way MS will be able to get Xbox360, core or premium bundle, to markey before thanksgiving is with classic DVD drives.

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=8556

Production of HD DVD players starts this year, release is still on in Japan, US release is on hold. So, they're making retail HD-DVD palyers so I'm sure they can make them for the X360.

Killdozer said:
http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=8556

Production of HD DVD players starts this year, release is still on in Japan, US release is on hold. So, they're making retail HD-DVD palyers so I'm sure they can make them for the X360.

So production "will" begin. That means production has not begun as of that quote. Also they are not releasing in the US because they lack sufficient volume. By that very nature it is highly suspect that they have anywhere NEAR the capacity to supply drives for a simultaneous three region launch of the X360. Sorry not good enough, still unsubstantiated rumor.

We’d originally heard something or other about Microsoft launching the Xbox 360 on November 4th or maybe November 22nd, but now IGN reports that the next-gen console is all set to drop on November 25th, aka the day after Thanksgiving aka Black Friday aka the busiest shopping day of the year (at least it used to be). The 25th is a little later than Microsoft had originally wanted to intro the 360, but apparently they wanted to give developers a little extra time to finish up their launch titles.

Im quitting EB im not working that day

http://ployer.com/archives/2005/09/toshiba_may_del.php

Thursday, Toshiba Corp. Japan said on Thursday it may delay the year-end launch of its next-generation HD DVD players.

Toshiba has said it planned to launch HD DVD players in the fourth quarter of 2005 in Japan and the United States, while rival Sony plans to put a Blu-ray disc drive in its new PlayStation game console next year reports Reuters

"We originally aimed for the year-end launch in the United States. But we have not really decided on that."

There is also a possibility that the products' launch in Japan may not come until after December, the spokeswoman said.

I am planning on getting an xbox 360 but I really dont' want to get a dvd version.... can't wait to hear more news on when they will release it with HD-DVD....

OP says 25th is the day of HD-DVD but reports indicate 25th is the release date too... so i'm not sure what is the truth

Back