Official Intel Thermal analysis Tool (TAT) download?

Don't quote me on this as i'm not 100% sure, but i don't think they do TAT anymore. Last time i tried to download it (like a year ago) it was an old version and didn't work in 64 bit.

CoreTemp and RealTemp are the most trusted. What makes you think CoreTemp is giving false results?

CoreTemp/RealTemp and most other hardware monitoring programs are pretty good at guessing the correct TJmax of C2D chips. My E4500 shows up as 85c TJmax, your 4300 may be 80-85C. Than theirs the natural temp inaccuracy with C2D chips to consider as well.

TAT doesn't even work on anything newer than a core 2 duo, unless there was a newer version that I don't know about. I actually wound up reformatting when I First bought my QX9650, because when I installed it, windows loaded VERY slowly, and properties said the CPU was running at 401 mhz, even though cpu-z showed 3000 mhz. Turns out TAT's driver, even when the main program was not even running, was causing the QX9650 to MAX throttle, just by it being installed. And it took me reinstalling all my programs and apps to find out what caused it to happen again--TAT.

I used to like TAT because its stress test would heat up CPUs a LOT higher than prime95, long before the linpack gui binaries became available......

TAT doesn't even work on anything newer than a core 2 duo, unless there was a newer version that I don't know about. I actually wound up reformatting when I First bought my QX9650, because when I installed it, windows loaded VERY slowly, and properties said the CPU was running at 401 mhz, even though cpu-z showed 3000 mhz. Turns out TAT's driver, even when the main program was not even running, was causing the QX9650 to MAX throttle, just by it being installed. And it took me reinstalling all my programs and apps to find out what caused it to happen again--TAT.

I used to like TAT because its stress test would heat up CPUs a LOT higher than prime95, long before the linpack gui binaries became available......

I wondered why when I installed it on a Q9300 server it totally ruined it. I almost had to reformat it before I figured out what caused the issue.

Intel Linpack testing should heat up your cores. The LinX interface works well.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201670

CPUID HWMonitor does not use the correct TJMax for many of the 45nm laptop processors so check the Intel site if you have one of these. Many of these CPUs are TJMax 105C but HWM assumes they are 100C. You can edit the HWMonitorw.ini configuration file if you have this problem.

You can check the Intel site for more info.

http://ark.intel.com/

Back