Official F4 BIOS on Gigabyte website

arman01

Gawd
Hey guys, for those who saw my last thread i hanged on to my DS3, and im glad i did.

Im curently on the F4E BIOS, and Gigabyte just released the Official F4 bios...so just a heads up...

Do you guys think i should use this instead of the beta F4e bios ?

ok guys, flashed to the F4 BIOS on gigabytes website....

so far the only difference ive noticed is that my temps are higher about 5 degrees C on average. :confused:

also it hasnt taken away the problem that when restarting you have to manually shut off and comp and turn it back on.

im still using the fix where you up the PCI-E frequency to 105.

wtf...it had raised my CPU vcore to 1.424 volts !!! thats why it was running so much hotter

i set it manually to 1.30v in the BIOS.....temps have dropped by not as low as they used to be...

anyone??

arman01 said:
wtf...it had raised my CPU vcore to 1.424 volts !!! thats why it was running so much hotter

LMAO! So much for the real > beta argument, eh? At least you're good to go now. So the bios on G's site's the F4C then? I don't suppose you have a working Smart Fan button in EZ Tune now?

I flashed to the F4 final two nights ago. I had no issues with it that night. It was yesterday afternoon that the fun started, though...

It would appear, after an entire night of exhaustive troubleshooting, that my $500 PC Power and Cooling 1KW power supply has failed. I personally find this very odd, that a psu of that quality, can somehow simply fail overnight. The computer was not on, there were no storms, no lightning, no power surges. It just wouldn't stay powered on yesterday. It would turn on for about 2 seconds, then power off. I replaced every single component in the case, took the board out and ran it on a test bench and still it failed to power on. Until, that is, I used a different psu. I then tried to power up a different rig with the 1KW and sure enough, it has died. Now I have a Mushkin 550 watt in there until I can RMA it back to pc p&c.
The good news in all of this is that I was having issues with an EVGA 7950GX2 before. The computer wouldn't reboot properly with it. I tried it in another compatable rig, same thing. I got a replacement Gigabyte 7950GX2 in yesterday, which works perfectly with this board now. It looks like I had gotten a boad card from EVGA.

My luck had been prettycrappy these last two weeks! Hopefully, when the RMA for the 1KW is done, my rig will be back to normal. In summary, it was a bad EVGA 7950GX2, which has been replaced with a Gigabyte 7950GX2, the PC Power & Cooling 1KW failed, awaiting RMA and the F4 final works good here.

Shawn

Back