*** Official Catalyst 4.10 Thread ***

You CAN use A.I. without using the bloated CCC. Dive into the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{find correct key}\0000

Look for a string named CatalystAI_DEF and change the value to 0, 1 or 2. If you have a bunch of entries in the Video entry open them all and look for the two that have a string of Catalyst_Version with a value of 4.10. Once you have found those two the CatalystAI_DEF string should be in the one with more entries.
 
I also had the 'Video Playback' problem. I went through all sorts of troubleshooting just to learn that the 'Contrast' was set at 0 as was 'Saturation' like the previous guy had mentioned. Gotta love it when the solution to your problem is so damn simple!
 
Maybe it is just me but on my system, I never gain/lose any performance when upgrading drivers. I always use driver cleaner. With this batch, I don't get any performance difference with AI on low/high or off. My normal benches are Doom 3 and UT2k4. The scores always end up within 1% of the pervious version.
 
Ruiner said:
When I try to install these I get an error, 'cannot copy the file ati2mtag.sy_'

What's the deal?

Noone else has gotten this?
 
Ruiner said:
Noone else has gotten this?

I got that when installing the 8.07's...I just kept pointing it to the file, or skipping it. Seems to be working fine *crosses fingers*.
 
I tried skipping it...no go. Display turned to 16 color and 6x4 after a reboot.
The file it's looking for doesnt even seem like a valid extension type.... .sy_ ???
 
Ruiner said:
I tried skipping it...no go. Display turned to 16 color and 6x4 after a reboot.
The file it's looking for doesnt even seem like a valid extension type.... .sy_ ???


the .sy_ extension is a compressed file. If you use extract.exe to uncompress it, you'll end up with the .sys file. M$ has been doing that for years to save space on installation media.
 
the@ntipop said:
Maybe it is just me but on my system, I never gain/lose any performance when upgrading drivers. I always use driver cleaner. With this batch, I don't get any performance difference with AI on low/high or off. My normal benches are Doom 3 and UT2k4. The scores always end up within 1% of the pervious version.

Sounds to me like you have a bottleneck somewhere other than your video card....
 
I installed the 4.10's without the CCC (just installed over the 4.9's) and everything seemed ok until I needed a R-Click menu, then it takes about 3 seconds for the menu to slowly appear (as in it WOULD appear, but it would be choppy). I restored back to the image that I made just before that (the 4.9's) and the choppiness went away. So I'll be waiting on another release of drivers. Anyone have any suggestions?
 
d/l and use the Omega's based off the 8.07's. They're much better and don't have the bloated CCC in them. ATI should take a lesson from the Omega's...that CCC is the worst thing they could have done to drivers.
 
I went back to 4.9 drivers because the 4.10's were making my COD:UO freeze up completly. I would have to reboot to get it out of there.Anyone else have similar expierences? Someone in the gaming forums posted about their problems because of the new driver and COD:UO as well.
 
4.10's are complete shit imo

crashing in older OpenGL games is my biggest beef. Went back to the beta 8.07's :mad:
 
so, that's more than a couple ppl. when i play sof2 my pc locks up hard. i have to reset pc. when i switch back to the 4.9's everything is fine. wtf?

edit: got the 8.07's and everything is fine.
 
I don't think I'm going to upgrade to new catalyst drivers again. My 9000 Pro is growing to be outdated. I'm getting a new X800 hopefully for XMAS. I must admit though, each time I upgrade, my games look better and better and I usually get a 2 FPS increase but I think the line is drawn at the 4.9's.
 
mr. nails said:
so, that's more than a couple ppl. when i play sof2 my pc locks up hard. i have to reset pc. when i switch back to the 4.9's everything is fine. wtf?

edit: got the 8.07's and everything is fine.


Both of my PCs locked up while playing SOFII. Went back to 4.9 and all is OK. 4.10 is a POS!! :mad:
 
TitaniumZX said:
Both of my PCs locked up while playing SOFII. Went back to 4.9 and all is OK. 4.10 is a POS!! :mad:

4.11's should be coming soon. Hopefully they would have fixed all of the issues we're having.
 
Back
Top