*** Official Catalyst 3.10 Thread ***

The Titan

Ownage brought to you by Dr Pepper
The 3.4's work for me. I know I should try a more advanced driver, but I havent had good luck with anything above 3.4.

im pulling hair outta my head here guys....
i have a 9600np
i installed like omega 2.7.37? i think drivers and was happy...then i saw this post...i installed the 3.10s booted...and after the windowsxp loading screen... my 2001fp just goes into sleep....then i rebooted... and got a hardware failure.... then i try safemode... and it just restarts.... anything i tried... led to restarts... so i just reinstalled fresh installed the nforce2 drivers from my CD and just did sp1... installed 3.10s and im getting the same problem....

im gonna kill ATi.... :mad:
help me... or give me a link to 3.8s or something....

The only problem I have is that I can no longer choose 1600x1024 for my SGI 1600sw

Originally posted by The Titan
The 3.4's work for me. I know I should try a more advanced driver, but I havent had good luck with anything above 3.4.

ditto.. 3.5s were nice too but 3.4s own all games.. see my sticky thread for the huge collage of games i have play tested and that run just fine w/ cat 3.4s

Originally posted by groebuck
I was hoping the 3.10's would fix the issue but nope. I had to go back to the 3.8's. Since 3.9 on...after installation and reboot things appear fine, but about 75% of the time the box will boot up, show bios, then WinXp screen then my flat panel will flip (as it usually does before going into XP) but lose video signal. Upon hard reboot, I get the "hardware failure - boot options" before going back in to XP. It started with the cat 3.9's and continues with the cat 3.10's.

So stuck at 3.8's I stay...

I had a similar issue when i got my 9700pro...dvi for this card is always defaulted to secondary monitor, not primary, even if its the only thing plugged into DVI (rather dumb i think...i dont see why it just couldnt detect your monitor plugged into dvi),..mine would also get to boot screen then lose signal, simply because it was just outputting VGA and not DVI. If you go to your ATI settings, the Displays tab (or maybe its called monitors?) you can set a hot key to switch which output...i usually just have ctrl+alt+s, so if it forgets to output to dvi, hit that, and itll switch to it!

Installed the modified 3.10s on my laptop with Radeon 9600 Pro. Running fine so far.

naming wise:

if they were thinking to name them 3.10 because of 3.9 then shouldnt it had been 3.09?

oh well just names i guess
:)

Originally posted by blackspawn
I had a similar issue when i got my 9700pro...dvi for this card is always defaulted to secondary monitor, not primary, even if its the only thing plugged into DVI (rather dumb i think...i dont see why it just couldnt detect your monitor plugged into dvi),..mine would also get to boot screen then lose signal, simply because it was just outputting VGA and not DVI. If you go to your ATI settings, the Displays tab (or maybe its called monitors?) you can set a hot key to switch which output...i usually just have ctrl+alt+s, so if it forgets to output to dvi, hit that, and itll switch to it!

Ok I was never able to use the 3.9s because they caused my machine to freeze up during gameplay on several games. So I tried moving from the 3.8s which work well for me(except I cant enable hardware acceleration on my DVD player software) to the 3.10s. Well with the 3.10s after about ten minutes I lose display all together, I though the machin was freezing and I was loosing picture due to it, but it may just be the loss of picture since I am using the Samsung 191t via DVI.

Anyway Ive been frustrated with the last few releases from ati so I guess Ill be sticking with the 3.8s for now, it seems everyone that doesnt upgrade stays with 3.7s should I be using those instead of th 3.8s? Also whats with the fact that in the newest version of the drivers you cant set v-sync to allways on? The only options are "off" or "application preference", I have to have my vsync always on or I get ghosting on my FP.

3.10's fixed Call of Duty crashes, but now I sometimes get some missing textures in BF1942. Anyone else noticed that the 3.10's screw up BF1942? This is on a 8500 btw.

Under displays in the ATI Ctrl Panel under Monitor you can set the refresh rate override, if I have this disabled then it seems to limit it to 60 Fps when I run the 3dmarks2001. If I set it to same as desktop then it will limit it to 100 FPs as this is my refresh rate. Is this correct ??? how can I get a accurate score in 3dmarks with this option. I dont have any problems with the 3.7's.

Originally posted by Scotboy
Under displays in the ATI Ctrl Panel under Monitor you can set the refresh rate override, if I have this disabled then it seems to limit it to 60 Fps when I run the 3dmarks2001. If I set it to same as desktop then it will limit it to 100 FPs as this is my refresh rate. Is this correct ??? how can I get a accurate score in 3dmarks with this option. I dont have any problems with the 3.7's.

I've had that there since the 3.2's (maybe before but thats when I got my radeon...lol).

Back