• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Official BF2 1.2 Patch Feedback Thread

I'm the Dude said:
8. Circle straffing has replaced bunny hoping/diving.


Bingo. The patches have moved from improving performance to "leveling out" to make factions happy about gameply. Make the browser work, make the game run faster and forget about trying to make large balancing efforts to appeal to the whiners. You take out the hop/diving and something else replaces it.
 
Yes, but cirlce strafing isn't as abd as jumping around like an idiot. At least with circle strafing you can lead yoru target to take him out. With bunny hopping there wasn't much you could do.
 
Circle strafing isn't even remotely comparable to bunny-hop~diving. Circle strafing puts both players at a disadvantage (Both the shooter and target have to compensate).

With bunny-hop~dive, players were taking advantage of a design flaw that didn't distort the shooter's aim or point of view, despite the fact that other players would view them as moving sporadically (Making them a harder target).
 
It's been funny as Hell seeing alot of players still jumping around in front of you while you mow them down. Alot of people are so used to bunny-hopping/dolphin-diving that they can't stop themselves. Crazy.
 
This patch has just make BF 2 soming I want to play. Why? The support role.

I can just gun down one dude after another. :D

That and the UAV plane are the best things about this update. Does play a little smoother, but I am on a different moniter and lower res than normal.
 
I like it. Not as many people using the grenade launchers either. I will say even if the "nerfing" done to air craft, it is still easy with a good pilot/gunner combo. In a Mi-28 at Wake last night I was gunner for a good pilot and we racked up a ton of kills and at the end of the round we both had 0 deaths and 20-30 kills.
 
Just downloaded & installed last night. Only got to play 2 rounds.

Pros:

You can see the UAV's so you know now when "they can find you, with out seeing you"
You can shoot down UAV's
fixed dolphin diving, that used to aggrivate me

Cons:
Helicopters are too weak.
- and only 8 missles? Should have bee 10 x 4 = 40 (wasnt it 3x14=42 before)

Comments. Why are you all bitching about being able to throw C4? In real life, I could see someone chucking C4 over a wall and detonating it!

Now a mine, NO, you shouldn't be able to throw. You should have to set it in place, and have it disappear out of sight for the enemy (cover it with dirt). And IF you do throw it... it should act like a nade.
 
I've seen people adapt to the helicopters already.

Tactics just have to change. They're not the invincible, flying tanks that they once were and they should have never been that to begin with.
 
Noob-tube? what is that...

Sniper finally being one shot one kill? (I never had a problem with the M24 not being one shot kills before the patch? try aiming for there head..)

Dolphine diving! its finally gone! along with the C4 n00bs...

Choppers? it all sounds good, but i rarely fly, and have never had a problem destroying them before. Shit, some times me and my cusion just drive around in 2 FAVs and use the 50cals to take em out the entire round.. really pissed the pilots off... its great..


All and all, not that i reinstalled BF2 and got it to stop craching, I love this patch, its the best thing to happed to BF2 since squades...
 
H8Mondays said:
Bingo. The patches have moved from improving performance to "leveling out" to make factions happy about gameply. Make the browser work, make the game run faster and forget about trying to make large balancing efforts to appeal to the whiners. You take out the hop/diving and something else replaces it.

I haven't had any problems with the browswer...why does everybody complain about it?

Either way, some of the balance changes needed to happen. I think helos got hit a bit too hard when the primary target should have been jets though.
 
H8Mondays said:
Bingo. The patches have moved from improving performance to "leveling out" to make factions happy about gameply. Make the browser work, make the game run faster and forget about trying to make large balancing efforts to appeal to the whiners. You take out the hop/diving and something else replaces it.

Peopel can "Circle straf" all they want, fact is im never runnign around like an idiot in a croud of enemy troops.

Bunny hopeing made it harder to hit someone from range and when you both turn connors into each other. Circle strafing only makes it hard when you right on them. So for those of use whom dont run around like morons, the no bunny hopping is great, and we never really get in that close to a enemy. if so, that what buck shot is for..


has anyone notice the sidearm is just as good as a sniper rifle...?
 
I(illa Bee said:
has anyone notice the sidearm is just as good as a sniper rifle...?

Hell yeah I have since I started playing. That's one reason I love AT + unlock. You can do almost everything...take out vehicles, take out whole squads at close range, and snipe with the pistol and kill probably anybody but an actual sniper.
 
K600 said:
Circle strafing isn't even remotely comparable to bunny-hop~diving. Circle strafing puts both players at a disadvantage (Both the shooter and target have to compensate).

With bunny-hop~dive, players were taking advantage of a design flaw that didn't distort the shooter's aim or point of view, despite the fact that other players would view them as moving sporadically (Making them a harder target).

That wasn't the point. The point is that people will pick up other habits or find some advantage to help them out and these habits will piss off the community again. I never had much more than a few curses for bunny hoppers, they were just not worth worrying over. Much the same attitude you present for the circle-jerkers, it's no big deal to you but there's bound to be folks out there that want their opponents to stand still while they get shot. In the end, enough people will get ticked of and whine about it that we'll get another patch for balancing it out. Frankly I think that's what makes the game fun, adapting new strategies. I just say enough with the balancing act and get on with fixing the product. Oh, and before I forget, C4 should be able to be thrown...ever heard of satchel charges anyone???

EDIT**
I've read several replies about the bunny hopping and how "stupid" or "hard" it is to deal with...that just doesn't come across from the writers as a complaint about a design flaw but just an unwillingness to adapt tactics to deal with it. Once you factor in lag, running in circles becomes comparable to bunnyhopping...think about it in terms of PC rendering and pings and you'll see what I mean. Planes/copters kept killing me I learned not to drive around or sit in the AA too long. ADAPTATION.
 
You can actually approach an entire squad with any class if you know how to play...running in Rambo-style won't cut it, but you can easily divide and conquer an entire squad if you pick one off, displace, and come from another angle to repeat the process.

I held down a helipad for a good ten minutes while waiting for my squad to support me (They had really good pilots, so keeping their chopper out of the sky was a must). As I said, I'd find some brush, pick one off, displace, and approach from another angle to get another member of the squad.
 
Pros:
Dophin diving gone
Slightly quicker load times
New unlocks are cool

Cons:
Name bug still around
AT rockets disappear way too often
FSCKING PKM is a damn auto sniper rifle! It's like the new noob toob, just worse :mad:
Frame rates went down a bit (on my rig)
 
Anybody notice terrible performance when looking at a fence with transparancy AA on (supersampling on nvidia particularly)? I'll be running around Karkand at 40+ FPS then I look at the bridge point where the fences are and I'm instantly in the 20s. I turn off transparancy AA and it's fine again. What gives?
 
Volkum said:
Anybody notice terrible performance when looking at a fence with transparancy AA on (supersampling on nvidia particularly)? I'll be running around Karkand at 40+ FPS then I look at the bridge point where the fences are and I'm instantly in the 20s. I turn off transparancy AA and it's fine again. What gives?

Do you have a Xx numer selected in the driver control panel AND the 4x AA in-game? That'll create a problem. ;) Try either using the AA in the control panel only or the in-game AA only.
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
Do you have a Xx numer selected in the driver control panel AND the 4x AA in-game? That'll create a problem. ;) Try either using the AA in the control panel only or the in-game AA only.

Hmm that would cause a problem only when looking at stuff like fences? I do have FSAA/AA on in both the control panel and the game, but this only happens when I look at stuff like fences in Karkand and only does after this last patch. I'll adjust the setting though and see what happens, thanks for the suggestion.
 
The patch did address some sort of "mesh rendering". If that's got to do with anything about the fences I don't know... lol I'm not THAT techy. But I read in the EA forum where peeps had problems using the control panel and in-game AA settings at the same time. I'm assuming you're using the 81.98 drivers, too. Personally I've got supersampling AA enabled in the control panel but I set it to "application controlled" then I have the in-game AA set to 4x. I've also got the 7800GT and 2gb of RAM so we have similar systems. I should try cranking out some more image quality this weekend and see if I get the same issues you're having.
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
The patch did address some sort of "mesh rendering". If that's got to do with anything about the fences I don't know... lol I'm not THAT techy. But I read in the EA forum where peeps had problems using the control panel and in-game AA settings at the same time. I'm assuming you're using the 81.98 drivers, too. Personally I've got supersampling AA enabled in the control panel but I set it to "application controlled" then I have the in-game AA set to 4x. I've also got the 7800GT and 2gb of RAM so we have similar systems. I should try cranking out some more image quality this weekend and see if I get the same issues you're having.

81.95 drivers. It does the same thing if I disable AA in game and just leave it enabled in the control panel. Gonna try it the other way around and see what happens...
 
Pop the 81.98s in there and see what happens. They're the latest and they're WHQL certified.
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
Pop the 81.98s in there and see what happens. They're the latest and they're WHQL certified.

Downloading em right now. Anyways, switched from control panel AA to in game AA and it fixed my console text (was pretty much unreadable with control panel AA). Fences still lag me out a bit. Hopefully the driver update will have improved on whatever is causing this...
 
Volkum said:
Downloading em right now. Anyways, switched from control panel AA to in game AA and it fixed my console text (was pretty much unreadable with control panel AA). Fences still lag me out a bit. Hopefully the driver update will have improved on whatever is causing this...

Just curious.. What res you running at? I noticed you have a nasty ol' 24" Dell. ;) I'm running 1280x1024 on a 1905FP.
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
Just curious.. What res you running at? I noticed you have a nasty ol' 24" Dell. ;) I'm running 1280x1024 on a 1905FP.

I run the game at 1600x1200 with black bars. I used to do 1920x1200, but I didn't like losing the top and bottom of what I should be seeing.
 
Volkum said:
I run the game at 1600x1200 with black bars. I used to do 1920x1200, but I didn't like losing the top and bottom of what I should be seeing.

Well that could be the prob right there. Since the GT only has 256mb vid ram, running 1600x1200 with ANY AA on is gonna lag ya. Try 1280x1024 with stuff turned up. Perhaps that's it. But like you said... it wasn't happening before the patch. Try defragging yer hard drive so it puts all that cache crap nice and snug together. :D
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
Well that could be the prob right there. Since the GT only has 256mb vid ram, running 1600x1200 with ANY AA on is gonna lag ya. Try 1280x1024 with stuff turned up. Perhaps that's it. But like you said... it wasn't happening before the patch. Try defragging yer hard drive so it puts all that cache crap nice and snug together. :D

Nah, the res isn't a problem. I get 40+ FPS on any map as long as I'm not looking at any transparent type textures (fences lol). I occasionally dip into the low 30s (maybe high 20s) when crazy stuff like artillery is raining down on me and there are like 5 guys in front of me with a helicopter flying through. I didn't notice any difference upgrading to the new drivers either. I'm guessing it's got to do with EA's 'mesh optimizations' (hah..optimize...yeah..).
 
Back
Top