officemax WD 80gb $19.99 AR starting 1/25

Ordered mine online earlier and it appeared to be in-stock. Sweet.

They had plenty in stock. I think I am going to buy a few of them. Thats a good price per gig, and hopefully we will have no rebate troubles.

Jonathan.

Houston, TX

They had no moar left when I got there and I'd have to say that I'm extremly happy that they did run out. WHy? I got a rain check for the drive at 19.99 without the rebate, they are going to call me and I will get them at 19.99 flat. My gf and her sister came with me so I picked up three :D

Originally posted by MaMMa
Houston, TX

They had no moar left when I got there and I'd have to say that I'm extremly happy that they did run out. WHy? I got a rain check for the drive at 19.99 without the rebate, they are going to call me and I will get them at 19.99 flat. My gf and her sister came with me so I picked up three :D
Holy lucky bastard...great luck ya had there :D

wow, my office max sucks, i got there at like 12:15, 15 minutes after opening, they already had sold the only 3 they had to ONE customer, and they wouldnt give rain checks

Not to sure on my rain check.

the OM guy said I would get the drive for 80 but the rain check says 19.99

any goons here go to the om in framingham, ma? friggin crazy there. how do people find out?? if i was in front of two people, i would have had one. order tickets mean nothing. they stashed them under the registers and the freaks just dove in and grabbed them. the cashiers were like "WTF" but they didnt care. friggin...

some ass at the door pushed me back so he could get in first. little fucker

btw: i got there at 10 and they didnt open until 11 so i went to a bookstore until 1045. when i got out, there were at least 20 people waiting. friggin...

Corpus Christi, TX

Got there at 11, 20 people were ahead of me at the stock door by the HDs and hardware, the store employees were handing them out, they only had 10 or 12 of the special WDs and they were gone in 30 seconds. Drowned my sorrow in a dozen Krispy Kremes.

FYI All the people that got the rain checks, If you go back and buy them the reciept will say a day after the 25th and i believe the rebates end today, the 25th. Be careful :rolleyes:

Originally posted by 87IROC Z
I just cant believe with a sale like this that they wouldnt be more prepared and make certain the stores got them. :mad:
considering they LOSE money with sales...I'm not too surprised:p

I got there a few minutes after it opened...no drives left. Meh.

the 160gb ended yesterday. the 80gb ends in a few days.

i called again a little while ago to the OM near me and they said they are still fully stocked. anyone want me to grab one for ya? ;)

Originally posted by flexnit

i called again a little while ago to the OM near me and they said they are still fully stocked. anyone want me to grab one for ya? ;)

sure, I'll paypal you 20 bucks, plus 3 shipping, pick me up one, can never have too many Hd's =)

Originally posted by flexnit
"a few days?" I thought this was a one day only sale, am I wrong?

Originally posted by five-by-five
MaMMa - Which Houston store are you goin' to? I was thinlin' about hittin' the I-10 @ Fry store...

I went to the Office Max across the street from Willow Brook mall.

Too freaky, i live near a "willowbrook mall" here in northern NJ and officemax is directly across the highway... hehehe

my leet grandma called her local office max, and they were out, but they ordered one for her, and it will come in in 2 days she said. i will get the rebates and all, GO GRANDMA! my office max was full of loons who didnt want to help me at all,

My gf went for me at about noon and no, there wasn't any left.

There was one good thing about it though...

Customer Service was taking orders for the drive. They took care of the rebate in-store and will ship her the drive. All-in-all, it came out to $21 and change for a drive Feb. 9th she said.

Awesome. :D

I bought two of the last three at my store. I actually got there about 40min after opening (stupid website had the hours wrong), but we're having some really crappy weather today and I guess that's kept most of the bargain hunters at home.

I'm building a new box and these drives are going into the array. For the money saved in this deal, I can buy better RAM and stay in budget. :D

Thanks much, Darby!

I went in and all of them were gone, but a guy working there put me down for a rain check. Said they were getting a shipment on Thursday and he'd hold 2 for me. Come to find out the guy works in the same building as me and he's new. If I can't get a drive I'll try and get a rain check for 20. Here's for hoping. Something just tells me though that this is just the beggining of the pre-tax return sales. They said at staples they can't PM the sale cause the rebates brought the price down, is this the norm, they'll go to 79 but not 19?

I definitely beat you all, hands down... Listen to this and WEEP!!! :D

I couldn't make it at 11 AM, when they opened. I had my mom go there, and she told me that there were at least 20 people waiting at the door at 11, and they all ran in as soon as they opened. Anyways, she didn't know where to look, and when she asked the guy there, he said they only had 2 when they opened, and sold out in about 2 seconds. So, she got a rain check, and I was happy. I went by at about 2PM, just to check again, and also to get the $5 optical mouse and a $10 (AR) usb jump drive. I asked for the HD, and the guy gave me a raincheck.

Now here's the good part.

I get home, and find the raincheck that my mom got. It says:

Regular Price: $99.99
Advertised Price: $9.99 . YES, $9.99!!!

Mine just says:
Regular Price: $99.99
Advertised Price: $19.99

The guy messed it up!

So now I can get 160 GB of storage for $30, and no rebates to deal with. That's less than 20 cents per GB. If that's not the [H]ot Deal of the Year, then something is seriously messed up!!!

Now all I do is hope they honor their mistake. And seriously, why the hell would they give rainchecks on a sale THIS good???

yay! go me!

uhhh dude...they dont just look at the price on a simple raincheck, if it costs 19.99 when they ring it up it WILL BE 19.99, that was just an error on typing.

BTW I also got my rain check w00t...for 2.....office max the next kmart? :D

Cool, I got a rain check also, but for the regular price... :(

I got myself a raincheck for two drives for $20 (no rebates involved) and another raincheck for one drive for $20 (no rebates involved. They only had 3 on the shelf when I went in today. Talk about not execting demand... Sheesh. Anyway, they said "It will be a while..." before I see the drives. No hurry, OM, because 80GB for $20 is just alright with me, no matter when it is.

Thanks to Darby for the ultimate heads up hot deal! Hot damn!

Yeah, thanks a lot man, but still, $20 is dirt cheap. I will be happy with that.

But it would be great if they gave it to me for $10. One can always hope ;)

Originally posted by Syphon
The office max one will accept a copy.

Here is my plan. Print out this coupon for $30 off of a $150 purchase, bring it to office max and get the following:

80gb hard drive = 80 - 60 rebates = 20 after rebates
52x24x52 cdrw drive = 40 - 30 rebates = 10 after rebates
100 cdrs = 20 - 20 = FAR
universal remote = 10 - 10 = FAR

80+40+20+10=150-$30 from the coupon = $120 total plus tax
60+30+20+10= $120 in rebates

You might have to add something for like 5 cents or something to get the total over $150. I've had good luck lately with office max letting me use Staples coupons. Tax on $120 for all that stuff is a good deal IMO.

Let me know what you think.

Did you try this yet? How did it go? Did they accept the Staples coupon?

since i missed out on this deal i think i'll wiat for the ebay effect to surface :D

AJ

If I'm not mistaken, the promotion was for the whole week.

Go get 'em, AJ! Get your raincheck!

went to OM today and they said they were all sold out :(. My dad will try one OM beside his work tomorrow, i really want it :(

Wow! I picked up three this morning and like i said before, i got them at the price 19.99 w/o rebate becuase i told them that the rebate ends on today the 25th. They are going to call me and tell me when they come in and i pay them 20$ for each. I went back agian with my brother and picked up another 2 for the same price $20 no need to the rebate. :D :D :D

I like the idea of getting a raincheck for the after-rebate price but, so long as these rebates come through, I'm not going to bitch about having the drives sitting here on the desk. :p

It IS tempting to go back for more, though.

I wasn't able to pick up any...*grumbles* - however, I will call them tomorrow - if I can get two for 40 without rebates I am set.

Some asshole is trying to sell them for 75 dollars shipped in sell/buy section. I swear to god, i want to act like I wanna buy it, get his address, go to his house, and have that little kid killed stabbed 50 times for being an asshole. You know its little kids when they try to rip you off when theres a huge officemax deal going on for the same product, i hate kids, always trying to make some money some cheap way.

Originally posted by battleangel3222
Some asshole is trying to sell them for 75 dollars shipped in sell/buy section. I swear to god, i want to act like I wanna buy it, get his address, go to his house, and have that little kid killed stabbed 50 times for being an asshole. You know its little kids when they try to rip you off when theres a huge officemax deal going on for the same product, i hate kids, always trying to make some money some cheap way.
You need help - and a brain.

Back