Office xp vs. Office 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiraides

[H]F Junkie
I may be getting Office 2003 as a gift from some friends. Product activation aside, is there any real benefit to upgrading from Office XP? (I have the Standard version, and I bought Publisher XP separately.)

my school has office 2003.. i have office xp... office XP seems more intuitive in the way it does things than 2003. at least to me. i dont know... some stuff i was doing was different in the controls. i think i prefer XP, but dont by any means take that as inescapable fact.

All it seems to me is another interface change.

I don't see anything different as far as menu items or the way things work as they do in OXP.

We're about to upgrade from office xp to office03 at work, so needing a new package anyway I got a copy of O03 for home use last week.

I have to say I'm not hugely impressed with the others but I love what they've done with outlook, it really feels like they've finally actually sat down and asked, "what can we do to make the interface bettter".

Dare I say it, there's even a slight hint of Macness about it.

I wouldn't recommend going out and buying O03 if you're already running OXP, but it's definatly an improvement.

In a home environment, probably not.

We're only looking at it in work because of some of it's funky collaboration/Sharepoint features.

Even then not everyone is convinced.

Yeah, stick with XP. There are several reviews between the two if you search google some. Basically the biggest difference is Outlook. Its 100 times better in 2003. But, other than that... its basic visual changes.

I just don't understand why everybody thinks making a program look fisher priced is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back