office xp and office 2007 at the same time?

oROEchimaru

Supreme [H]ardness
before i install this on a clients computer... just wanted to know if i can have both installed at the same time

My school has Office '03 and '07 installed on the same machine with no problems.

It can be done just fine, but only 1 version of Outlook can be installed at a time.

was going to say, cause it hought some xe were installed into folders other then what you specify

but mainly i ask - why?

It should work fine for everything except outlook. You can keep 2 versions of everything (including word), but outlook you have to keep one or the other.

I tried and ran into a myriad of problems, but this was with 2003 and 2007 on the same PC. There's no real reason to cling to an older version, as 2007 opens, edits, and saves previous version very well.

If the customer is concerned about compatibility issues there is a setting for Office 2007 (well, atleast Word) to have it save as pre-2007 files.

It is right in the Save As options, from the Office Orb. It works very well, as I've been tesring Office 2007 for a year now, and up until this week, no one else in my company has had Office 2007.

I have Office 2007 and Office 2003 installed at this moment on my PC with no problems
a little fight happened between them to determine who’s the default program for opening office files but they agreed (with my help) to let 2007 handle everything
one little problem, when I open Word 2003 it opens fine, but if I open Word 2007 then closed it then opened Word 2003 an installation window appears for about 5 seconds then it opens fine
I made the default save format for Word,Excell,PowerPoint2007 to be the old format (.doc not .xdoc)

Back