Office Professional Plus 2010 - $9.95 (for those with NMCI accounts)

DeathbyPutz

Limp Gawd
Any Navy/Marine Corps/etc that have a navy.mil e-mail address can purchase Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, SharePoint, Publisher, Access, and InfoPath). This offer also works for Microsoft Project Professional 2010, and Office 2008 for Mac (each also $9.95)

Just wanted to pass along a good deal for any Navy/Marine Corps/etc that have an navy.mil e-mail address (code only works for navy.mil, usmc.mil, and pacom.mil e-mail addresses... for any other extensions, like army.mil/etc see update below). Personnel with NMCI email addresses are eligible to purchase Microsoft Office 2010 for only $9.95. Background details are here (requires NMCI PKI certificates): Article
(You may see a message about the program being unavailable, but it still works as of 10am 23 Jun.)

Here are the steps:
Follow this link: Home Use Program
Enter your navy.mil email address
Enter this code: 4C4AAE0844

Then you'll have to wait for the confirmation email, which can take as long as 24 hours (like it did for a friend of mine) or be nearly instantaneous (my experience). The e-mail outlines the rest of the steps to choose your product, purchase your copy for $9.95, and download the program to your home computer. You can also pay an additional $12 for backup media. Limit of one of each product per e-mail address.

Update: older army.mil code does not work anymore... stand by for possible army.mil code in the next month or two

Last edited:
doesn't work for army.mil addresses -- nice find, though! I remember MS did the "Military Appreciation Edition" for Office 2007, hopefully they'll do something similar for this version.

the army discontinued it's HUP a few months ago

We are sorry, but we are unable to complete your request.
The following problem(s) exist:
We are unable to qualify you with the email domain and program code you have provided. You are no longer eligible for the program. If you feel you have reached this in error, please confirm with your benefits administrator that the program code and email domain being used are correct.

Still great find for everyone else!

I'll take a look at it... if it works this will be great! And it will be the first time that NMCI has ever been beneficial to me...

I do find it rather ironic that NMCI may allow me to purchase office 2010 for my house while still restricting me to office 2003 at work....

Thanks for the update, muzzle

I'll take a look at it... if it works this will be great! And it will be the first time that NMCI has ever been beneficial to me...

I do find it rather ironic that NMCI may allow me to purchase office 2010 for my house while still restricting me to office 2003 at work....

Our NMCI machines are still using '97 ...so ...yeah

doesn't work for army.mil addresses -- nice find, though! I remember MS did the "Military Appreciation Edition" for Office 2007, hopefully they'll do something similar for this version.

I read somewhere that this is going to be available as well in 2010. I really wish I could locate the article I read that in but I was speaking to a manager at an AAFES at the AFB I have near me and he stated he had it slated for the shelve, just not on release day.

I read somewhere that this is going to be available as well in 2010. I really wish I could locate the article I read that in but I was speaking to a manager at an AAFES at the AFB I have near me and he stated he had it slated for the shelve, just not on release day.

Thanks for the info...

Also, bump for the navy/marines that can still take advantage of this great deal.

Got the same deal through my employer. Any way to convert the executable install file into and ISO image?

Got the same deal through my employer. Any way to convert the executable install file into and ISO image?

In past versions, I've been able to open the exe file with winrar and just burn the files inside to cd.

Why not just simply burn the exe to disc? That's what I did with my MSDN version, works great.

Also works for civilian government employees with the appropriate emails and at least several defense contractors, with or without .mil accounts. In some cases the latter group may need to ask in order to get recognized (we did, and it was just, have one of our upper echelon people contact microsoft, and the next day we all had access to the deal).

friggin sweet! knew this nipr account was good for something than just looking at failblog.org!

Why not just simply burn the exe to disc? That's what I did with my MSDN version, works great.

^this

The instructions for downloading the software off of the site even instruct the user to save a copy of the executable for back-up purposes. The extra 12 bucks is if you want Microsoft to mail you an official backup disc (for people that are too computer illiterate to burn the exe to disc themselves, or store it on an external harddrive).

Back