Office Depot Fined $25 Million Over Bogus AntiMalware Software

TheOne&OnlyZeke

100% Irish
The FTC has fined Office Deport 25 Million Dollars over its use of basically fake AntiMalware software.

"Using a program called PC Health Check, the FTC claimed in its complaint that Office Depot, its subsidiary OfficeMax, and its service provider Support.com ran a program that ostensibly performed a sweep for malware on customers’ computers but in actuality relied solely on the affirmative responses provided in an accompanying four-part questionnaire. Essentially, the complaint said, the program did not do what it said it did and instead was designed to flag apparent malware when respondents replied “yes” to the questions"

https://gizmodo.com/office-depot-agrees-to-pay-25-million-to-ftc-over-scam-1833655854

Doesn't surprise me. I used to work for them. The methods they use to "fix" a persons computer are shocking to say the least.

The
should put the managers in jail for deciding this should be company procedure.
seriously there is not accidental or grey zone it this its an utter scam.
Executives sure, but the Store managers job is to carry out the orders given or be fired before this came to light.

The

Executives sure, but the Store managers job is to carry out the orders given or be fired before this came to light.

agreed i think i msussed the word manager in a to general sense. I meant whoever was in charge and had the power to make that change

Back