• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

office 2007

zacas

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
222
i was thinking about buying microsoft office 2007 student addition at costco ... would i be able to put that on more than one computer or is it one copy one computer ...

thanks ...
 
i was thinking about buying microsoft office 2007 student addition at costco ... would i be able to put that on more than one computer or is it one copy one computer ...

thanks ...

Student and Home use is up to three PCs. All the other versions are for you desktop and laptop only (no, it can't be anything else, according to the EULA).
 
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm curious about Office 2007 and it's various editions. I currently have Office 2003 Student Edtion and it came with Outlook as part of it. Someone told me that Office 2007 Student Edition doesn't have Outlook. Is this true? Why would they do that?

Also, are you saying that all versions of Office 2007 other than the Student edition can only be put on one pc?

I really liked 2003 having Outlook and being able to put it on, what was it, 5 pc's. With my laptop in my house I have 5 pc's. I was wanting to upgrade to 2007 and so I thought I would just get the Student edition again but if it can only be put on 3 pc's and it doesn't have Outlook then I might as well not even try.
 
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm curious about Office 2007 and it's various editions. I currently have Office 2003 Student Edtion and it came with Outlook as part of it. Someone told me that Office 2007 Student Edition doesn't have Outlook. Is this true? Why would they do that?

Also, are you saying that all versions of Office 2007 other than the Student edition can only be put on one pc?

I really liked 2003 having Outlook and being able to put it on, what was it, 5 pc's. With my laptop in my house I have 5 pc's. I was wanting to upgrade to 2007 and so I thought I would just get the Student edition again but if it can only be put on 3 pc's and it doesn't have Outlook then I might as well not even try.
\

Judging by this Microsoft link, Outlook doesn't come as part of Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007
http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/content.aspx?ctId=391&tabid=1&WT.mc_id=0207_09
 
I believe they switched Outlook with OneNote.

The average college students uses a webmail account and/or the one that's provided by their college. Most wouldn't know how to configure Outlook anyway. OneNote is potentially more useful, assuming MS markets it better to students.
 
Yeah, I went and looked at Microsoft's site and determined that Outlook wasn't part of the Student version.

So then I decided to see about volume liscensing. About the only thing I could find out was that you can get microsoft's open liscensing for as few as 5 pc's (which is what I need) but I couldn't find out what it costs?

As soon as I save up a bit I want to buy Office 2007 Small Business version but I'd like to get the volume liscensing for 5 pc's. I just can't seem to figure out how much that will cost. I guess once I save up some money I can call them up and see what they say.
 
Yeah, I went and looked at Microsoft's site and determined that Outlook wasn't part of the Student version.

So then I decided to see about volume liscensing. About the only thing I could find out was that you can get microsoft's open liscensing for as few as 5 pc's (which is what I need) but I couldn't find out what it costs?

As soon as I save up a bit I want to buy Office 2007 Small Business version but I'd like to get the volume liscensing for 5 pc's. I just can't seem to figure out how much that will cost. I guess once I save up some money I can call them up and see what they say.

Typically you have to contact an authorized volume license dealer to get pricing. Dell is one, and many many other companies, large and small, are as well.
 
Expect to have a higher learning curve with Office2k7(word,Excel,Powerpoint). They changed everything around.
 
After about 2 weeks i had adjusted to the new UI pretty well. Of course, i use it every day at work so it may take longer for others. Lesser used features took me longer, of course. For the most part, everything is layed out pretty logically in the tabs. For me at least, if i didn't know where a piece of functionality was right away, it was usually in the tab that i thought it would be in.
 
I found the transition from office 2003 to 2007 was painless. Everything was were I expected it to be, and in my opinion 2007 is a much nicer program then before.
 
Might be cheaper at your college (assuming you are in college).
 
got a free 2007 license by attending the MS Vista launch event ( Im an IT professional ) We haven't yet deployed at work, but I love it at home. Looking forward to deploying at work as well.
 
Back
Top