Office 2007 (powerpoint), Possible to run 2 or more instances at once?

dr.stevil

[H]F Junkie
Ok... for some odd reason, that I cannot seem to grasp, Microsoft eliminated the ability to run more than one session of Powerpoint at a time with office 2007. This puts us in an awkward position as we frequently use old powerpoint files as a reference for new ones and/or use them as a reference in phone meetings with customers. You can open more than one document at a time, but you're forced to juggle between them in a single session....

Not only is this incredibly frustrating trying to sort through 5 or 6 PPT files, but it's also makes our work a LOT more time consuming than it should be.

I've done a little research around google and haven't really found a way around this yet but I figured that someone here has to of been down this road before. Is there a way around this stupid limitation (short of going back to office 2003 or openoffice)? Why in the world would microsoft do this? It's mind boggling. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc all work fine... it's only powerpoint that's had this ability taken away.

Back