• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Office 2007 - no spellcheck available.

DisrupTer911

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
1,193
Fresh install of Office 2007.


On a fresh and existing instance of MS Office 2007 when I try to do spellchecker, it tells me there's no proofing tools installed for English(united stated) installed.

I've downloaded the proofing tools installer and still get the same error.

Tried everything found here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970826

Registry entry does not exist.
No disabled Add-Ins.
no spellchecker found...

Any ideas on how to get it back?

proofing.jpg
 
Last edited:
Did you try the fix it for me? halfway through? Also have you done all the updates for 2007?
 
All updates installed.
Tried the fixit, which is just a registry repair.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled and even formatted the HDD and reinsalled win7 and Office07 and still the same exists.
 
All updates installed.
Tried the fixit, which is just a registry repair.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled and even formatted the HDD and reinsalled win7 and Office07 and still the same exists.

If you have reinstalled windows and office then there is something wrong with the office installer. Does someone have a spare disk you can borrow?
 
While I tend to agree with you, you can google this problem and find hundreds of people having the exact same issue.

I don't have another 07 installation to use...
 
Back
Top