Office 2007 Enterprise (Retail) config.xml set up

exchange keys

Limp Gawd
Has anyone in here ever set up a customized config.xml file to run an unattended installation of Office 2007 Enterprise Edition (retail version, non-volume license edition, which means no OCT)?

And if so, may I see what was done?

I'm trying to create one, but I've never done one before. I have to set this up in both a workgroup, and in an Windows domain on a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).

Thank you.

They have a non volume license version of enterprise? Through a home purchase program or something?

I don't understand why this isn't so readily available online for other people to use, but eh... I had to run through a lot of hoops just to get this bit of code. Maybe someone else could use it in the future.

The code snippet below does the following:

* Does an unattended, silent, install of Office 2007. No User Interaction
* Create a standard log in your TEMP folder
* Adds Company Name
* Select default folder creation of Office 2K7
* Installs all Office applications

Code:
<Configuration Product="Enterpriser">

<Display Level="None" CompletionNotice="No" NoCancel="No" SuppressModal="Yes" AcceptEula="Yes" />

<Logging Type="standard" Path="%temp%" Template="Microsoft Office Enterprise Setup(*).txt" />

<PIDKEY Value="PRODUCT KEY" />

<COMPANYNAME Value="COMPANYNAME" />

<INSTALLLOCATION Value="%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" />

<OptionState Id="ProductFiles" State="Local" Children="force" />

</Configuration>

You would replace this "config.xml" in the Enterpriser.WW folder to overwrite the original config.xml file in there. I would save the original though. I just ended up renaming it "original_config.xm_".

After that's saved, you need to run the setup.exe file found in your Office 2007 data folder. What I did was just xcopy (or just copy) the contents of the Office 2007 CD to a shared folder in your network. Also make sure the appropriate permissions are set to allow access to this folder.

I ran this from RUN: "\\server\share\office12\setup.exe /config \\office12\Enterpriser.WW\config.xml" (without quotes)

I still have to edit this config.xml file though to point it to a shared folder were it can update to Office 2K7 Service Pack 2, and other updates/hot fixes. In addition, I still need to make an Outlook profile for Outlook (kind of like a .PRF or .OPS file) since we're using RPC over HTTP. Finally, this also needs to be installed via Group Policy.

Once I figure it all out, I'll post here in a simpler syntax

Back