Office 2003 Won't Install on Vista 64

Zoogle

Gawd
For some reason, the program won't install because it claims it can't modify some obscure .inf file. This happen to anyone else? I checked on MS compatibility page and it says that it should work...so wtf...

I've installed Office 2003 Professional on three different Vista 64 builds with absolutely zero problems.

Are you logged in with an administrator account when trying to install?

And what is the exact name of the inf file?

Never had this issue, I have Office 2003 Pro installed on 4 different machines that belong to me, and my roommates are also all using Office 2003 on their vista machines, never had an issue..

Bad install media? As asked before, whats the .inf its referencing?

Like above, sounds like bad install media. Try on another machine and see if the same thing occurs. If not, try copying the contents off the disk and running locally.

Yeah, it was the media apparently. I checked the disk and there was a sizable scratch on it. I picked up 2007 from a friend...even though I hate the version....

Once you give it two weeks or so, you won't ever want to go back to Office 2003.

+1 Finding your way around is the part that's kinda rough at first. Also, if other people don't have the Office Compatibility pack or Office 2007, you might pay attention to how you save your documents and forward to people.

Back