Office 2003 Network Installation Sharepoint

Nasty_Savage

Extremely [H]
Ok, I got a network share with Office 2003 installed. Now I want to apply the service packs and security updates so when it installs its all up to date. Anyone have any suggestions?

After all is said and done I want to play with distributing the package automatically the win2k3 AD. Suggestions in this regard are welcome as well...

thanks!

Nasty_Savage said:
Ok, I got a network share with Office 2003 installed. Now I want to apply the service packs and security updates so when it installs its all up to date. Anyone have any suggestions?

After all is said and done I want to play with distributing the package automatically the win2k3 AD. Suggestions in this regard are welcome as well...

thanks!

If you performed an administrative install, you should also be able to apply the service pack that same share via cmd line switches. Kind of like a network slipstreamed version.
Checkout the section entitled "Updating clients from a patched administrative image"

Otherwise:

1. You could deploy both Office and the Service pack via GPO
2. Deploy Office through GPO and SP through WSUS

Depends on how you see the best fit for your environment and your administrative needs.

Is office the only thing that you want to distribute? If you want to broadcast all patches, updates, and most software packages; you might research SMS. My company has just started using it and so far has worked flawlessly for us.

Back