Office 03 to Office 07

Retardo

Gawd
Is there a way to open office 03 documents on office 07? Like i try to open a word/powerpoint document made in office 03 in office 07 and it wont open.

Well to Microsofts great compatability \o/

Get OpenOffice, it will open that file perfectly. You can then either carry on with using OO (recomend) or re-save it and open in MS-office07

now you are starting to see what is sooo wrong with MS

I know on the Microsoft Office website there's compatibility packs you can download. Right now I'm still using Office 2003, but even then I think there is a pack to let 03 open 07 files correctly.

The compatibility pack is to allow pre-2007 Offices to open Office 2007 documents, but Retardo is having the issue of opening Office 2003 files inside Office 2007, which should not pose an issue. I open 2003 files in Office 2007 all the time since I use different versions between work and home.

Retardo, are you trying to double click .doc files and it isn't opening? Have you tried launching Word 2007 and then opening it through the Open File window? Do you get any errors or warning messages?

The compatibility pack is to allow pre-2007 Offices to open Office 2007 documents, but Retardo is having the issue of opening Office 2003 files inside Office 2007, which should not pose an issue. I open 2003 files in Office 2007 all the time since I use different versions between work and home.

I knew his problem was his Office 07 not opening Office 03 files, but I thought perhaps there was a download for his particular case, since packs are now available for older Office versions. However, that's what I figured, when you mention packs for older versions opening up new versions.

I built a new computer for my in-laws and they purchased, and I installed, Office 2007. I didn't have any problems opening up older files. In fact some of their files were much older then Office 03. I think worst case senario was some formatting seemed off, but I can't remember. Still, that's a simple fix.

Well to Microsofts great compatability \o/

Get OpenOffice, it will open that file perfectly. You can then either carry on with using OO (recomend) or re-save it and open in MS-office07

now you are starting to see what is sooo wrong with MS
Office 2003 docs open just fine in Office 2007. I'm using Office 2007 at work, and the other 34 people are still using Office 2003. I can open their files, and they can open mine. I've never seen someone as biased as you, even to the point they will spread incorrect information just to enhance their own bias.

Office 2003 docs open just fine in Office 2007. I'm using Office 2007 at work, and the other 34 people are still using Office 2003. I can open their files, and they can open mine. I've never seen someone as biased as you, even to the point they will spread incorrect information just to enhance their own bias.

good for you BUT the OP is having issues ERGO you are wrong with yr "incorrect information" I mean he even says in his post

i try to open a word/powerpoint document made in office 03 in office 07 and it wont open.
OH dear you FAIL!

SO you think I am spreading mis-infomation, this coming from someone that I guess is saying Office07 open Office03 documents perfect. MS-Office has issues (and has done for a long time) in opening doc's from previous versions and in light of the OP also saying that YOU are the one to have the gaul to say I am spreading mis-infomation

Some ppl just can't see the wood for the tree's and just believe any old propaganda thrown at them. Talk abt complete lack of independent thought

*snipped out the crap*
Instead of dragging this down to the usual flamefest you always seek, I'll stick to the topic. You dig your own holes well enough, no need for anyone to get sucked down into them as well.

Now, back to the OP. If those documents don't open, there's another issue here. 2003 docs open just fine in 2007, showing "Compatibility Mode" in the title.

If they aren't opening, describe what you mean by not working. Do they open incorrectly? Do you get an error message?

Next person to crap in this thread gets an infraction.
Take it somewhere else.

Are you just double clicking on the files in explorer (like on your desktop, in My Documents, etc.)?

If so, try opening them from within Office 2007 by using Open under the file menu (the Windows logo circle in the upper left corner). This removes the chance of improper file associations set in the OS which can somtimes happen with having different versions of Office installed at the same time.

Office 2k7 should have no issue opening any office file since Office 95 out of the box as others have said (no need to download anything extra). MS is very good with compatibility with Office. I have opened quite a few old ones since some of my archived inovices and quotes come from way back when :p

well i work in a library so i cant really check right now. but ill open up 07 first and try to open then. Had tons of people come in w/ the problem. Maybe our computers are just screwed up. lol

If the file associations are screwed up it can cause a lot of issues. Hopefully the going into 07' first, then opening the file from within 07' will work.

Make sure to report back :cool:

Back