Offical Half Life 2 "I'm stuck help me!" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back_Packer said:
I'm stuck at the part where the wallls moves and crush you.

Sounds like you area talking Nova Prospect. There are a couple of boxes that you have to stack and go through a hole in the building on your left.

Back_Packer said:
I'm stuck at the part where the wallls moves and crush you.
I think you need to get a box and stack it near where there is a fire and jump onto that ledge there. Post a SS so we know where you are. I'm probably talking about a completely different place :p

this thread is hilarious :D

not because people are stupid, but because I got caught at almost every one of those places/puzzles and spent many long minutes staring bewildered at the screen until I finally figured it out

nice to know it wasn't just me "not getting it"

The damn no jump gravity bug hit me. I just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out wtf to do.
I reloaded my game and I still couldn't jump. I figured the new gun was super heavy or something. :mad:

Im on follow freeman the part where u walk into a tunnel and a strider sneaks up behind u. Now i cant find anymore rockets to hit it with. Grrr...

d3_breen_010000.jpg

What do I do? Shoot energy balls on the flaps until they are vertical or something?

Go to your right side as much as you can. Then shoot the balls as much as you can. Try to aim more for the goey innnards instead of all that metal crap surrounding it. Oh, and be prepared for a pretty lame ending.

Shoot the top of the orb. Then shoot the panels that appear at the top. I think that's what I did. I dunno if I even had to shoot Breen's orb.

Wow, that was a lame ending. Oh well, onward to Expansion Pack 1!!
Note: Who would've thunk that Barney and the G-Man's voice were made by the same guy. Amazing how some people can manipulate their voices.

Neural Interface said:
You cant its completey covered? have you even played that level or are you hinting? lol
For the love of god, are you even trying, you just climb around on shit.

Outside the Nexus...with Barney. There is a cannon on the roof shooting at me. No idea how to get past this part. Tried pushing the car with teh grav gun up against the fence and vaulting it. Didn't work.

HELP!

Run take off right and go behind all of that junk then keep running and ull see a door on ur left go in... Its all running man...

I'm confused. I've run all the way to the right. Past the hole in the ground, hid in the overturned dumpster. You mean there's a door past that? Hmmm...

Slava said:
I am stuck at the sand traps level. I smell that I am really close to the end of the movie. Can someone tell me what to do now? Totally stuck. Here is the shot.

sandtraps.JPG
Heh, you've still got a ways to go, buddy :) . Go around to the right of the cliff and you should see a ghetto wooden railing, followed by two zombies next to a fire. Kill those bastages with a grenade and the wooden lattice roof above them should fall down, making a ramp to continue onwards and upwards.

Ok, now MY question... I'm nearing the end of the prison section (I know, I'm a bastard... I looked at the map list and saw which one I was on, and I'm on the last stage) where you get into a cell block (8B?) and all the entrances and exits are closed. Alyx radios you to tell you to set up the 3 tripods because soldiers are on their way. For some reason, I keep getting my ass WHOOPED by the soldiers, and can't do a damned thing about it. Anyone got any tips? The assholes keep knocking my turrets over when they don't actually kill them. Jackasses... Feel free to give me tips. I'll take a screenshot if need be.

aNtHrAx323 said:
Heh, you've still got a ways to go, buddy :) . Go around to the right of the cliff and you should see a ghetto wooden railing, followed by two zombies next to a fire. Kill those bastages with a grenade and the wooden lattice roof above them should fall down, making a ramp to continue onwards and upwards.

Ok, now MY question... I'm nearing the end of the prison section (I know, I'm a bastard... I looked at the map list and saw which one I was on, and I'm on the last stage) where you get into a cell block (8B?) and all the entrances and exits are closed. Alyx radios you to tell you to set up the 3 tripods because soldiers are on their way. For some reason, I keep getting my ass WHOOPED by the soldiers, and can't do a damned thing about it. Anyone got any tips? The assholes keep knocking my turrets over when they don't actually kill them. Jackasses... Feel free to give me tips. I'll take a screenshot if need be.

Turn the turrets back over, stay alive...

The way I did it was to put all 3 turrets in the same room you found them in, just point out to the hallway. Then I backed myself into the enclosure I took the turret out of. When a turret got knocked down, I jumped out and put it back up and jumped back in the enclosure.

That was a pretty challenging part of the game, and I thought it was really neat. During the last wave of combine, I heard a tink*tink and saw a nade land just in front of me. I had nowhere to move to and just took the hit... damn cool stuff..

Micas said:
The way I did it was to put all 3 turrets in the same room you found them in, just point out to the hallway. Then I backed myself into the enclosure I took the turret out of. When a turret got knocked down, I jumped out and put it back up and jumped back in the enclosure.

That was a pretty challenging part of the game, and I thought it was really neat. During the last wave of combine, I heard a tink*tink and saw a nade land just in front of me. I had nowhere to move to and just took the hit... damn cool stuff..
That's exactly how I did it.

I am here:
d2_coast_120000.jpg

d2_coast_120001.jpg

My question is, what do I do next? I've killed all the enemies around, and I have no idea where to go!

aNtHrAx323 said:

Take all three turrets to the room with the ammo in it and set two up on the right (if you are facing back toward where you got them) and set the other one up on the left side. When you do the one on the left make sure you set the barrels up so that the combine have to go around them to get to the turret. After that kill everything that moves and keep picking the turrets up. IF you do it right the two turrets provide a cross fire and make quick work out of everyone. Then all you have to do is play second to your single turret.

aNtHrAx323 said:
I placed the turrets exactly where they start, just pick them up and put them back down in the same place, then I backed into the one empty "closet" and stood with a shotgun to take out any soldiers that get by the turrets.

Elmo187 said:
I placed the turrets exactly where they start, just pick them up and put them back down in the same place, then I backed into the one empty "closet" and stood with a shotgun to take out any soldiers that get by the turrets.

LOL, I put the turrents at the end of the small hallway and hid in the closet. Gets them better than in the lockers.

Personally, I had 4 to use ;) I carried it from the original room where Alyx met you where you got the first two. You can actually carry the suckers around for awhile, and they even work while being held. Later on in the transporter room, I setup one by each enterance, and held the other letting it attack whoever I was near. Works great. I want to replay the level though to see if you can take it w/you through the transporter.

LOL.. I never thought of that.. carting around turrets from level to level.. ahahhaha

Oldie said:
Personally, I had 4 to use ;) I carried it from the original room where Alyx met you where you got the first two. You can actually carry the suckers around for awhile, and they even work while being held. Later on in the transporter room, I setup one by each enterance, and held the other letting it attack whoever I was near. Works great. I want to replay the level though to see if you can take it w/you through the transporter.

lol ..i did that too ..I was thinkin the thing would come in handy somewhere ...and yay

...it did :)

I'm at the bit where i have to drive along the coast, the crane dropped the buggy up side down and i can't get the buggy upright. Any ideas?

Edit: Dont worry I've figured it out.

To solve all of your problems

Activate in game console in options.

Go back into game and hit ~

now type sv_cheats 1

Type god if you keep dying.

Type noclip if your stuck.

Type them again to turn them off.

*Note do not use noclip on the car or boat levels.*

:p

AMDXPCottonFire22 said:
To solve all of your problems

Activate in game console in options.

Go back into game and hit ~

now type sv_cheats 1

Type god if you keep dying.

Type noclip if your stuck.

Type them again to turn them off.

*Note do not use noclip on the car or boat levels.*

:p

:D But only if you're a wimp. :D Personally, I beat it, now I'm playing around w/the cheats. Loads of fun.

nova1jail.JPG

nova2jail.JPG

I am stuck on nova prospekt. In jail. Both of those doors locked and I don't even have a clue on what to do.

Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back