Of these 3 RX470's which is your preference?

I've had personal experience with both Asus Strix and Sapphire Nitro.

If you're going to overclock, get the Strix.

If not, I like how the Nitro looks. (I also really like that it has 2 HDMI ports. That's kinda rare)

Avoid Powercolor. They are basically the "cheapy" AMD brand....

I'd say either the Strix or the Nitro. Go with whichever one is cheaper.

From two 2 quotes--:
I've had personal experience with both Asu
s Strix and Sapphire Nitro.
if you're going to overclock, get the Strix.
If not, I like how the Nitro looks. (I also really like that it has 2 HDMI ports. That's kinda rare)
Avoid Powercolor. They are basically the "cheapy" AMD brand....
Is there an issue with 6-pin power plugs ?

ME--:
At the moment i am liking the Nitro and the PowerColor because they appear to have 8-PIN connectors and the ASUS is one i would like but it has a 6-pin connector...
Somebody on here a few weeks ago said dont bother with 6 pin connectors....

Not sure is this is a factor to consider? If i am told and also read that ASUS STRIX version is good, and apparently killer for gaming...
I want to play games but i primarily want to MINE coins with mine

A lot of people i hear from online say they are happy with the Powercolor brand and more popular than the HIS brand.... they reckon the HIS brand is killer though one of the best or fastest cards for RX400 series... but for me i googled it and youtubed it and all i found was alot of russian looking stuff so i am a bit not happy with that because if i need support or want to bios edit or whatever its going to be a pain. Powercolor seems alot more popular.

There is an ASUS ROG Dual card which im told is hot and noisy (rumors?) so i then saw this edition which is the STRIX.... i am happy to take a chance, i am just not clear on the 6 versus 8 pin connector story ?

upload_2017-3-24_18-37-47.png

Strix cards typically use a custom in-house pcb. I wouldn't worry about the 6-pin issue.

But, if it was my money, I'd get the Nitro.

I haven't paid attention to mining since mid/late 2013.... Seems kinda silly to buy a video card for mining at this point.

Strix cards typically use a custom in-house pcb. I wouldn't worry about the 6-pin issue.
But, if it was my money, I'd get the Nitro.
I haven't paid attention to mining since mid/late 2013.... Seems kinda silly to buy a video card for mining at this point.

Even mining alternative coins? im not interested in Bitcoin itself because yes you need stupid ASIC and ANTMiner machines which u can rather use money for towards a car or petrol etc... food lol
Im told mining other coins is still an option.... BUT if it is a phase i am going though then i can always just appreciate it and use it for gaming... I suppose a good reason for me to buy this is that i only do have a GTX650 and trust me it is a weak horrible card.
The GTX660 is even more stronger.
So you reckon the Nitro? its just 184 pounds , flip
The powercolor is one i want , it has a back plate i have not heard bad stuff about it and i mean its only 167 pounds... its a huge difference in pounds and then to my currency.
My work colleague here is telling me ASUS as well.. you also said yes, ASUS...
I belivee the Nitro + is also great and good performer. man why is this so hard now to decide.

Go with Sapphire's Nitro.

Powercolor is trash.
What! Not from my experience -> Powercolor kicks ass in every card I bought. Owned 5 Powercolor cards - none had issues - all OC better than average.

Reactions: imre
like this
which is why i reckon it is very difficult for me to decide here.
Powerolor here is the chespest for me, not sure of any bad.
I am not sure though buying it through Amazon, i have never used amazon before.
The card listed says "sold by ...and some company name" is this an issue?
Do i still get 1 year warranty or rather garantee how does it work

I just bought 2 PowerColor cards.They seem to be working so far (only had them for 1 month). Is there any particular issue?

like this
You can't go wrong with Asus' STRIX or Sapphire's Nitro cards.

That being said PowerColor also makes some great cards and I've personally never had any issues with the 2-3 I've had in the past.

I'm partial to XFX these days, other than a few things like lack of step-up for instance, I view them as AMD's eVGA. (though I suppose some would say that would be Sapphire)

I'd read some reviews (or more if you already have) and get your own idea of the minute differences between them.

I have read that the Nitro cards can get hot on both the core and VRMs comparatively speaking but even then it's nowhere close to worrisome. If it were me I would probably go with the STRIX out of those 3 due to it appearing to have the highest clocks while also being similarly priced. (though like I said earlier, if it actually were me I'd go with XFX BE :D )

You can't go wrong with Asus' STRIX or Sapphire's Nitro cards.
That being said PowerColor also makes some great cards and I've personally never had any issues with the 2-3 I've had in the past.
I'm partial to XFX these days, other than a few things like lack of step-up for instance, I view them as AMD's eVGA. (though I suppose some would say that would be Sapphire)
I'd read some reviews (or more if you already have) and get your own idea of the minute differences between them.
I have read that the Nitro cards can get hot on both the core and VRMs comparatively speaking but even then it's nowhere close to worrisome. If it were me I would probably go with the STRIX out of those 3 due to it appearing to have the highest clocks while also being similarly priced. (though like I said earlier, if it actually were me I'd go with XFX BE :D )

What can u tell me about the 6/8 pin power connector theory.
Someguy on here jumped and told me because of the one card having 6 pin he would get the 8pin instead...
He didnt give a reason.

Cards have the pins for what they need to draw, not some artificial requirement that the end user thinks is needed. In other words, don't worry about it.

I don't have the STRIX that you're asking about, but I would agree with the recommendation of the STRIX (I am a fan of ASUS).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Strix. I have one, haven't had any issues with it. World record overclock for a 470 is also held by a Strix, so there's that.

I bought the PowerColor, best price. Strix has a poor heat review for my liking, although very silent. Gigabyte also had issues, worse, with heat. Nitro+ expensive heavier for my pocket and not worth the tens of megaherts more.
I reckon the PowerColor for my case is the best price and i havent heard of bad reviews besides rumors of cheap and this and that and bad design.
I do certainly hear of good reviews for all the cards , i guess i am lucky or not and only time will tell.
Id rather spend 20 Squid less on the card and the GPUs are very very close. 20 Squid for me is a lot of fish in my currency, i can use it for Petrol for 1.2 weeks.

Congrats on your choice. [H] has reviewed various PowerCooler cards in the past which have garnered gold review status.

like this
Nothing wrong with Powercolor, had several of their cards over the years back when I was running ATI/AMD cards. No more or less troublesome than any other brand.

like this
Awesome, hope you like you new card. I'm using PowerColor too, so far so good.

like this
Awesome, hope you like you new card. I'm using PowerColor too, so far so good.
Nothing wrong with Powercolor, had several of their cards over the years back when I was running ATI/AMD cards. No more or less troublesome than any other brand.
Congrats on your choice. [H] has reviewed various PowerCooler cards in the past which have garnered gold review status.
Now i just need time to understand AMD cards, not that i did Nvidia, but i men drivers and how they work and also i hope Mining will perform miles better than myu current GTX650 GTS450 they are not great for mining.
I also wish maybe someday i can get a proper CPU which also performs nicely and isnt dam expensive.
I currently have an i7 2600k which was given to me only thing is that it is
i also have the AMD FM2+ MSI A88X G43 X4 860 but its not that amazing for computing stuff and even encoding movies which are the things i would like to get to doing full on the computer.
I was thinkking maybe to sell the motherboards and CPUs and then get a decent CPU and Board.
Not sure if the Ryzen thing is all hype and if it is really better to buy or maybe i should turn to Intel for a change.... but man o man the prices are crazy.

Now i just need time to understand AMD cards, not that i did Nvidia, but i men drivers and how they work and also i hope Mining will perform miles better than myu current GTX650 GTS450 they are not great for mining.

AMD cards are preferred for mining than nVidia cards due to how compute-focused AMD cards are. I don't have any experience with mining but if you ask a question about it in the video forums I'm sure you'd get a lot of relevant information.

I also wish maybe someday i can get a proper CPU which also performs nicely and isnt dam expensive.
I currently have an i7 2600k which was given to me only thing is that it is
i also have the AMD FM2+ MSI A88X G43 X4 860 but its not that amazing for computing stuff and even encoding movies which are the things i would like to get to doing full on the computer.
I was thinkking maybe to sell the motherboards and CPUs and then get a decent CPU and Board.
Not sure if the Ryzen thing is all hype and if it is really better to buy or maybe i should turn to Intel for a change.... but man o man the prices are crazy.

Check out the https://hardforum.com/forums/amd-processors.6/ section about the hype and not of Ryzen. While I don't have one and am not currently in the market for a Ryzen-based system I'd look that direction if you intend to do more than just plain gaming. Just be aware that, along with all new products, there are currently some teething problems with the platform so your mileage may vary (again, depending on what you need to do).

Back