OE6 and printing conflict?

SkaarjMaster

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm using Win98SE on the below Dragon1 system and am getting now getting Outlook Express lockups when I print something to my HP Deskjet 550C printer. I print an e-mail and if I try to check another e-mail or do something else, it locks up. I've never had this happen before until this week and nothing has changed as far as the hardware or software. But I did print an e-mail this morning without doing anything else after a reboot and no problems. Anyone know what's going on? Should I reinstall the printer drivers, OE6 or both? I really would rather not reinstall OE6 because of the possibility of losing my extensive address book (I lost it twice in the past even though doing everything else correctly to export it out of old install and import to new install). Thank you.

No, I don't use palm pilot and if it is a third-party program conflict, then it just arose recently. I'm been running all the same programs for over a year now with no conflicts.

So, no one has anymore ideas? I guess I could reinstall the printer drivers and see what happens.

If I reinstall OE6, will it wipe out my address book or ask me if I want to save it?

I haven't messed with this yet because of problems with my new system, but in the meantime.........anymore ideas?

Back