• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Odd TV Problem - Vizio Picking Up Extra Channels

bigdogchris

Fully [H]
Joined
Feb 19, 2008
Messages
19,093
I have two TV's. One is a Panasonic plasma (2010 model) and the other is a Vizio LCD from around 2007/8.

The Vizio picks up two more channels than the Panasonic does and the channels it picks up are clearer.

To test this I plugged my cable coax into my Panasonic and checked a couple channels. One was fuzzy/noisy (analogue) and the other simply does not come in (digital). I then plug the Vizio into the same coax and the fuzzy/noisy channel comes in clean and the digital channel comes in.

The funny part is I used to get the digital channel on the Panasonic, then about 4 months ago it just stopped. These are the only two channels that I have problems with.

I would like to think it's a bad wire or cord, but I used the same wires and same coax jack on both TV's to test.
 
No two tuners are created equal, and their characteristics can change over time as their electronics degrade. It's entirely possible that the Panasonic's tuner is degrading or beginning to fail. A TV repair technician could probably help you with that and it wouldn't be cheap. You could always attach an external tuner if it gets worse and that might be a cheaper option.

Depending on the channels affected, your problems could also be caused by some sort of interference.

Calling your cable company to come out and take a look at it if you can't figure it out might also help. They can check the signal levels. But really If you connect both TVs to the exact same connection (without changing cables or moving cables) and you get different results, the only variable there is the TVs.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top