• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

odd thing with adaware

DirtyApe

Gawd
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
860
this is kinda odd. last night i ran adaware and it found some stuff as usual. this morning i startup my comp and to my surprise it seems as though my drivers got uninstalled. so i reinstall them and i was frusterated at this cuz i dont like stuff like happening to my computer. and i just realized that adaware had found my coolbits registry file and deleted it causing me to loose my driver options and stuff. and i had to reinstall the drivers. weird stuff.
 
Yeah.. Very odd. Gives you a good reson to look at what Ad-Aware is deleting before you say 'ok' though.. :rolleyes: ;)
 
Do you have it on auto delete? I use Ad aware, and it does pick up things that aren't viruses, trojans, and all that good stuff :D You have to be really careful with it ;)
 
I have had that problem almost everytime i use adaware. ive used it on 4 different computers, and after i restart the internet doesnt work so i have to run a restore so annoying. I stoppped using adaware and use spybot for that reason.
 
palabared said:
I have had that problem almost everytime i use adaware. ive used it on 4 different computers, and after i restart the internet doesnt work so i have to run a restore so annoying. I stoppped using adaware and use spybot for that reason.

Sounds like you've got a stupid winsock-breaking spyware program like New.Net or Virtumundo on yer machine.. Ad-aware will remove it, but bork your TCP/IP in the process.. Try one of the many winsock fix programs out there (i can't recall which one works best)
 
Back
Top