• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

odd RAM swapping results

theTIK

Gawd
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
757
So, I have my system in my sig, my friend has a similiar system, he has:

IC7-G, 2.8C, and 1GB Corsiar XMS3200cas2

I couldn't get my system to 3.2GHz no matter what I did, didn't matter if I upped core voltage, ran 3:2 ratio with loose timings, nothing got it past 263FSB, and he was able to clock his to 3.5GHz, but not prime95 stable. We decided to switch ram just for the hell of it, even though his ram is PC3200 it runs at 215 1:1 stable, with good timings to boot.

Anyway, after switching ram I can hit 3.2GHz at stock voltage and 5:4 ratio, and his computer at 3.5GHz is prime95 stable using all the same settings. They are both CH5 chips too! Anyone have any clue why he can OC farther with my ram and I can OC farther with his? We might just keep eachothers ram, i'm interested to see how far I can get it to go.
 
Back
Top