Odd Problems with a DFI SLI-D

Kwah

n00b
I recently picked up an SLI-D board and the first one was DOA. Finally got it replaced and this new one posts nicely and runs well. Get 3331 on 3dmark06 compared to 146 on my laptop. However even though I turn USB keyboard support on it does not detect my logitech G15 until windows starts to boot. Also, if I hook only 1 sata drive up it runs like a top, but if I try to plug my other drives in.(I have 3, they all affect it the same.) The system hits the windows scroll screen and hangs after that.

I have put 3 different BIOS's on the board and I can swap hard drives without problem, I have another tower in the office that sees the drives fine so that isnt the problem. I'm running out of ideas, you guys know anything about this board I should be trying?

Kwah said:
I recently picked up an SLI-D board and the first one was DOA. Finally got it replaced and this new one posts nicely and runs well. Get 3331 on 3dmark06 compared to 146 on my laptop. However even though I turn USB keyboard support on it does not detect my logitech G15 until windows starts to boot. Also, if I hook only 1 sata drive up it runs like a top, but if I try to plug my other drives in.(I have 3, they all affect it the same.) The system hits the windows scroll screen and hangs after that.

I have put 3 different BIOS's on the board and I can swap hard drives without problem, I have another tower in the office that sees the drives fine so that isnt the problem. I'm running out of ideas, you guys know anything about this board I should be trying?

About the keyboard - is it plugged in to a hub? (I've had that problem in the past.)

I have no clue about the drives problem. Those Lanparty boards can be bitches to work with, which is why I try to avoid them. Sry

I'm starting to see that.I didnt find the bad reviews till I had ordered the damn thing. And the keyboard is plugged directly into the motherboard.

Which port is the keyboard plugged into?

On many boards, if it is plugged into a port other than 1 or 2, it will not detect properly, if at all.

Really? I will check that out, though I believe it is plugged into port 1.

Edit: Checked that, it is in port 1. made no appreciative difference.

Ok, now here is a weird thing. If I use only sata ports 3 and 4 it seems to work, 1 and 2 cause it to hang and once it gave me a BSOD but it did it so fast I couldnt get the stop code. might have been 7C. But most of the time it just hangs and does nothing.

right click my computer, click properties, asvanced, startup and recovery settings. uncheck "automatically restart". you will be able to read your code. also, if/when you boot into windows, check your event viewer system log to see what the error is that is causing your problem

It already is, and there is nothing in the system logs. Thats why i couldnt get the stop code in time.

Also, I finally got a response from DFI, looks like I have NFG boards in a row :(

Back