• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Odd Problem on my *own* machine

Laforge

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
3,132
Hey all, I've got this odd problem on my computer. Because I don't know what could be the cause, I'll give as much detail as possible. I've even tried reinstalling the O/S, but no go.


For some reason, my "mouse wheel" function keeps disappearing.
I've got a logitech trackman marble wheel 'thumb operated trackball"
I've tried installing the logitech "mouseware" software, but that doesn't change the situation, either. - I *think* that I only lose scrolling if my system goes back to the login screen ("Welcome Screen") after too much idle time..
Rebooting solves this problem "temporarily"

Any Ideas?

For sake of completeness : Here is system spec
Win Xp Pro, SP2
4 Gb PC3200
Asus P4P-800dlx
Ati 9800NP on agp
Ati 7000 on pci
HDA X-Mystique Sound
Triple display
Onboard NIC of motherboard
Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150
the aforementioned mouse
Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard 1.0
 
damn nice rig, maybe try returning the mouse and getting a different one?
 
compslckr said:
damn nice rig, maybe try returning the mouse and getting a different one?


Sorry if I didn't make it evident.. - I've had this mouse for 2 years. - It just "started" doing this.

Odder thing is.. : It doesn't do it on my shuttle.


I'm gonna take one of my normal wheel mice out of inventory and see if THAT fails. I'm thinking something may be funky with my ps/2 port ..
 
Back
Top