• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Odd performance problems with F.E.A.R

DarkLegacy

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 26, 2004
Messages
1,097
Will make it short. The Game refuses to run beyond 20 FPS no mater what settings I use. Even at the absolute lowest possible. I just picked up the game yesterday via Steam due to the sale. It's the only game that seems to have this performance issue. Any idea or is this something that was an issue in the past? Will most likely ignore it as it's an older game anyways but it did catch me by surprise. Game is running on my Primary system. Specs are in the sig :D.
 
If you have anything Logitech plugged into your usb ports, this will happen. You need to disable HID devices in device manager and frames will come back. This has been a known issue for years.
 
If you have anything Logitech plugged into your usb ports, this will happen. You need to disable HID devices in device manager and frames will come back. This has been a known issue for years.

This. I didn't know about it until after I beat the game but every so often I just quicksaved closed out of the game then restarted it. It'd be fine for a while then go back to 16-20 fps.
 
This. I didn't know about it until after I beat the game but every so often I just quicksaved closed out of the game then restarted it. It'd be fine for a while then go back to 16-20 fps.

I had no idea either. Left me scratching my head when I saw the FPS sitting on 16 never going beyond 20. We'll see if that fixed the issue in a minute.

Edit: Yep, that fixed it. Frames went into the mid hundreds when I loaded my save. Disregard that last line. It went right back down to 16 with a minute of play. It started out in the mid hundreds. Then dropped to 30, then 16 again. So that fix didn't work for long xD.
 
Last edited:
If you have anything Logitech plugged into your usb ports, this will happen. You need to disable HID devices in device manager and frames will come back. This has been a known issue for years.

Im wondering I run both a Logi mouse and keyboard if i disable them in the HID it sais it will stop functioning wich means i wont be able to use them?

maybe im just confused
 
The mouse and keyboard will work but you will lose and special functions they have. For instance when I played through FEAR with my Razer Diamondback I lost all the special buttons and my Saitek Eclipse II keyboard could no longer control my sound volume. They still work like a regular mouse/kb though.
 
I have a Logitech G9 mouse plugged in, normal drivers and everything, game runs fine.
 
I can try it with my Razer imperator but then I won't be able to play any twitch based fps as that mouse has a jitter issue thanks to the phillips twin eye sensor. I currently have my G5 plugged in.
 
Back
Top