Odd OLED LINE PROBLEM

It's a SONY OLED. What happens is when starting a video there is a band of white lines at the top. This quickly goes away and only happens when starting a video. Anyone seen this?

Not enough information.
What source? What TV? What resolution/ refresh rate? What connections?

SONY 48 A9s, it's a 4k 60hz unit
Source is online videos via streaming apps, running the switch off HDMI does not result in this behavior nor does the PS3 over HDMI. At times used the computer and had no issues.

Of course my other SONY OLED does not have this issue.

I woud say it's an issue with the app then. If it was present on multiple sources, then I would suspect the TV.

I have noticed random artifacts on streaming video since going to an RTX3060 and LG C2 42, not lines, but random flshes of checkered boxes in the middle of videos, that are only one frame long, and do not repeat after scanning back and playing again. As well as occasional quick flashes of white screen. Only while streaming online in browsers, which leads me to believe it's a driver and codec issue. Since I never used the 3060 with my old LCD, and never saw it with my old GTX1080, I assume it's an RTX driver issue. It's pretty rare, mybe one frame in 3 hours of videos on Youtibe, so it does not nother me.

Last edited:
Back