Odd network problems - Random ping spikes

MrHood22

Supreme [H]ardness
So we've been getting odd network issues lately. In my apartment there are 4 of us. We have Comcast.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/458915435.png

That's about the Average for our connection.

The way the network is set up is there are 2 routers per 2 bedrooms.

We both have the same router (Some Trendnet Wireless N, we've both had good experiences with them). They're set up in bridge mode. So connected to router 1 is the modem, 2 PC's, and my router (in my room). As I said in my room there is also a router. Connected to that router are 2 PC's, an Xbox 360, and the Router from Room 1.

One of the PC's (connected to Router 1) is running a GRAW2 server. He says out of no where he gets massive ping spikes and we've deducted that the ping spikes are directly connected to times when our upload just randomly goes shitty.

What we've tried to fix it:
-Other Routers
-1 of our routers and then having the 3 computers in my room connnected to it with wireless adapters
-My PC Off
-My other 2 Roomates PC's off (Not the Server PC)
-Different splitters (recommended by the Comcast guy that came out to look at the line)
-Setting the 2 routers of in bridge mode (our current attempted solution)
-We've watched the network and no one is piggy backing off of our connection

Do you guys have any idea what we could do to fix this and/or what's causing the issue?

Thanks

I would guess that it might have something to do with your cable internet connection. Your node could be over subscribed which is why your upload goes bad and you aren't doing anything to cause it.

Why don't you dump all those routers and just wire the network and run a single WAP from one router?

Back