Odd monitor problem

Raap

Gawd
Just started having a problem with my Benq G2400WD monitor a couple of days ago. The display is perfectly fine and everything's working great, with one exception. Every few minutes the monitor will kinda, somehow, start pressing the 'move left' button on the monitor's control panel. So practically speaking it keeps changing color modes( Normal, Dynamic, Movies, etc.) automatically, at irregular intervals. It's really as if someone's just virtually pushing that button every now and then.

I've locked the OSD so it can't actually change the color mode anymore, but that doesn't stop it from bringing up the monitor menu instead( which is what the 'move left' button does when the OSD's locked), which basically leaves me with a big blue box on the screen which doesn't go away for a few seconds. In other words, it makes playing games nearly impossible, and even regular browsing becomes frustrating.

A related problem is that sometimes when this happens, though not always, my monitor's buttons won't respond when I'm pushing them myself. Even the on/off button will fail to do anything. Then, a minute later, everything will be working fine and I'm in complete control again.

So yeah, is this thing done for? Would be kinda sad to scrap it seeing as everything's still working fine, and it's been an excellent monitor. But unplugging the display or power chord, even leaving them out for hours, doesn't appear to have helped the problem any, so I'm kinda at a loss here.

Back