Odd issues with Vonage Linksys routers

SomeFknGuy

[H]ard|Gawd
I work for an ISP, and am curious if anyone else is seeing this issue as well. We have had multiple customers we have had to temp. disable due to broadcast traffic looking much like a virus. Every customer had one thing in common, a Linksys router with the built in Vonage system. Firmware versions varied anywhere from 1.20.x to 1.28.00 so i think its more than an issue with old firmware. I am at a loss as to how to stop these broadcast waves from these routers, as i am not familliar with them other than reading up on linksysinfo forums and such. If anyone has heard of this or has a possible workaround, please let me know so i can pass it on

Thanks in advance

Jhonathan

I believe what they are actually doing is a "call home" to vonage to say that they are still up.

This would be relevant to the feature that auto forwards calls to another number when your connection is dropped.

I've noticed that my vonage box does this often (not the mentioned router, but similar)

found out what the issue is... vonage based their firmware on a firmware with a known issue from linksys... we have been in contact with vonage about the issue

according to vonage the base code they are using is from 2003 based on the befsr41 router which was notorious for their firmwares. I dunno what the issue will be with it thuogh

Back