• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Odd issues with 10.6

Proxy

Pumpkin Ghost
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
4,308
So ever since I got the 10.6 drivers, I noticed some of my older OpenGL games don't start up anymore, they just crash. More specifically Return To Castle Wolfenstein. Also, I noticed some of my custom settings in CCC are not sticking, they change back to default randomly.

Crash error:

capturearq.png
 
That's what I did, I just wanted to see if anyone was experiencing anything similar.
 
Same here. Lots of hanging and crashing with older games. Also halved fps in many newer games, even worse in bc2. Gpu usage never went over 60 to 70% on either card. Auto fan profiles were extremely sporadic, causing all sorts of overheating (by not ramping up or varying speed wildly). Basically they didn't work at all for me. Went back to 10.5s. All is well again.
 
Same here. Lots of hanging and crashing with older games. Also halved fps in many newer games, even worse in bc2. Gpu usage never went over 60 to 70% on either card. Auto fan profiles were extremely sporadic, causing all sorts of overheating (by not ramping up or varying speed wildly). Basically they didn't work at all for me. Went back to 10.5s. All is well again.

Yeah I've got isssues with my 4870x2, probably an issue with CF in general. I had times where the screen would go black and only display my ammo, map and the all the other icons.
 
Yep noticed this too. Quake 4 maxed out exhibits wierd black specks and glitches.
 
if its not broken dont fix it ^.^
im still on 10.4 cause i had no issues with it
 
Back
Top