• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Odd Internet Explorer issue

Dallows

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
6,816
Maybe you guys can shed some light on this. I have a user who's IE browser is doing some funky stuff. When it goes to a search engine like google and searches, it'll come back with just a white page, totally blank, no errors. If you hit refresh it'll bring up the search as it should normally.

I tested with firefox, it's fine. I uninstalled SP3 and IE 7, same thing. Tried resetting defaults, cleaned temp files, anything I could think of. Tried with a different profile, same deal.

Any ideas? Thanks.
 
Little update:

I noticed that when I get a blank page if I hit refresh it comes up normally and functions normally until another blank search page comes up.
 
Have you run any maleware scans?

Also, try disabling any unnecessary addons to see if one of them is interfering with the page.


Also, are you searching from google, or using the search bar?
 
sounds like malware to me hate that crap i had one piece of it couldnt get rid of it had 2 redo my install
 
Have you run any maleware scans?

Also, try disabling any unnecessary addons to see if one of them is interfering with the page.


Also, are you searching from google, or using the search bar?

Male-ware? yeah thats damn annoying stuff :p

But yes +1 for malware

Maybe post Hijack this output?
 
Searching from the google.com page itself.

I didn't check for spyware, don't really think that's it. But I can.

I'm hesitant on add-ons as well because it only happens in the search engine pages, everything else is fine.

Thanks
 
Searching from the google.com page itself.

I didn't check for spyware, don't really think that's it. But I can.

I'm hesitant on add-ons as well because it only happens in the search engine pages, everything else is fine.

Thanks

It's worth checking for ...whatever you want to call it. Spyware, malware...whatever.

As far as addons, it only takes a few seconds to disable them, and rule them out. You can easily re-enable them.
 
Back
Top