Odd home network problem

rodneycubed

Limp Gawd
Hi, My home network has been running like the top portion of this picture for a while, but whenever i plug my pc directly into the router it doesn't work.

2 things happen, the lan port on the router blinks slowly (1 sec on, 1 sec off) and the pc doesn't recognize that an ethernet cable is attached. I am certain that the ports are working because my laptop can get internet fine when I plug it directly into it. Also, the NIC on the PC is working (i.e. not physically broken) because it can get internet if i plug it into a switch that is connected to the router :/

I have a WRT54G v3 which is running dd-wrt. I have reset it a couple of times. If anyone knowledgeable on this subject could help me with my peculiar problem, it would be much appreciated. :3

I have an issue with one of my PC's where the NIC card just doesn't like some devices it just would show network cable disconnected, I carry around a second usb nic just in case i run into that issue at a site.

I would suggest getting a cheap nic and trying out a second one

I have an issue with one of my PC's where the NIC card just doesn't like some devices it just would show network cable disconnected, I carry around a second usb nic just in case i run into that issue at a site.

I would suggest getting a cheap nic and trying out a second one

It's has worked before with this router. I don't understand why it would stop working with the router after being connected to a switch.

crappy NIC on PC... just buy another one...

my last motherboard's onboard would do stupid crap like that too...

If it is a realtek NIC there is the issue. lol Realtek's are horrible when it comes to anything on a LAN Some have issues with DHCP some have duplex issues...Make sure if it is that you use the drivers from the realtek site as the MS ones provided by them are shitty...

Back