Odd Floppy Drive Problem

Citan

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
167
I have a problem with a friend's PC, the floppy drive is not reading anything at all, It's a new drive & when the PC boots up the read light is allways on, which It should not be.

both windows & the BIOS recognise the drive and Device manager shows no problems with it, yet it still wont read any discs.

Need some advice on this one if anyone knows anything.

Thanks
 
Yep, that fixed it, thanks dude, I must need some more coffee or something :rolleyes: :D
 
8fingers said:
flip one end or the other of the floppy drive cable.


Everyone's done it. Much why I decided to not install a floppy in any system I've built for years now. :D

Ever since I learned to make a bootable CD and bootable USB flash drive, floppys are a dinosaur.
 
Back
Top