Odd eVGA RMA Exprience

vbrtrmn

2[H]4U
So,

I had an early 7900GT, one of those kinda cool CO series copper ones. Anyway, I started to have issues with artifacts and poor performance. After testing new drivers and such, I applied for an RMA, thankfully NewEgg keeps a list of every product ever purchased, because I didn't have my receipt. They instantly accepted it and I mailed the card to them. About a week and a half later, I get a 8800GTS 320MB card back in exchange. So far so good, well, I open the package and there is a surface mount component sitting in the box along with the card, not 100% sure what it was maybe a transistor. Now I'm in the process of RMA'ing the "new" card.

Has anyone else ever had that happen?

I read about someone else finding a transistor/resistor thingy in their box on a brand new card also. Sounds like whoever was transporting it wasnt very gental with it. Hopefully they'll at least crossship you a new one so you dont eat the shipping charges twice.

Yeah, they need to pay for return ship on that one... ask for it.

I have never had a broken piece in any new video card box. It happens tho.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've already sent the new card back, kept the USPS receipt for it, though.

Just last year my friend had ordered a card and it had broken transistor jiggling around in the brand new package. Unlucky for him,it was the last card in stock and he upgraded to something better :p

Yeah I heard of several of the same things with shipping and broken parts.At our work we order new APC racks and the freight shipping company damaged one of them twice. It took them the third time to send it with UPS freight to get it all their correctly.

With shipping its just one of those things you need to deal with. Its just like driving your car you risk getting in a crash but we all have to drive.

Yeah, this isn't a regular occurance but it's not uncommon either. It sucks when you first open the box hearing those components fall out... such a dissapointment IMO.

I am dealing with waiting on an RMA from EVGA right now, but my beef is with UPS. UPS just passed, I hear the truck pulling away but they didn't ring the doorbell, or even knock. They just left the ticket. Hopefully my card won't come damaged like yours.

Back