Odd CPU-Z discrepency with Phenom II 550

Soullfytribe345

Limp Gawd
I was just looking over my system and noticed something that doesn't seem right at all.

I purchased an AMD Phenom II X2 550 Socket AM3 80W and got the system all up and running. I go and look today at CPU-Z and its registering my chip as being an AM2+.

I took a screen shot of CPU-Z and snagged a picture of the original boxing (showing it's supposed to be an AM3 chip). I have done the unlock on this chip and am running all 4 cores, if that makes a difference or not. Can anyone give insight as to why this is happening? I am confused and couldn't find anything similar in the search.

Thanks for any help you all can provide

4605947245_4606c85331.jpg

4605946643_5c87104ba4.jpg

It's nothing to worry about. It's one of CPU-Z's weird little quirks. I've seen a few other reports of this. Send a bug-report to the people at CPUID so they can work on it for th next release.

I noticed this also when I was helping a friend set up his new PC. It happens after you unlock the 550. I'm guessing that's part of it, and also that there is no 3.1GHz x4.

cool, thank you all for the replies. I was curious if the unlock did it or not. Ill let CPUID know about it for sure!

thanks again!

yeah its the unlock and there is nothing cpuid can really do about it since thats what the processor sends back for the name when its unlocked..

I too noticed that new version CPU-Z 1.54 shows wrong Southbridge (ID439D instead of SB750) and Core voltage (0.9991 instead of 0.975), my hardware is M4A78T-E + 550BE. Try AMD Overdrive, it shows correct info.

I too noticed that new version CPU-Z 1.54 shows wrong Southbridge (ID439D instead of SB750) and Core voltage (0.9991 instead of 0.975), my hardware is M4A78T-E + 550BE. Try AMD Overdrive, it shows correct info.

thats something in your bios.. if you have updated it at all recently they may of changed how the information is reported and cpu-z probably doesnt have that information in its database..

thats something in your bios.. if you have updated it at all recently they may of changed how the information is reported and cpu-z probably doesnt have that information in its database..

Yeah that makes sense, AOD also shows "Device ID 4391H", so CPU-Z is reading the same struct but the wrong member, an alignment error. However AOD is reading correctly despite the BIOS update whereas CPU-Z isn't.

Back