• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Odd Computer problem

Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
640
My computer has been randomly restarting recently. I checked for Trojans and spyware etc. and I have a Trojan but I think the problem is more ram related. Pretty much what happens is the first time I load it up it is ok until I start running a game or a program or something which requires a decent amount of my computer % (when I hit ctrl alt del what the % of my computer is being used to run that computer). Then it restarts, after that it usually starts when I start running the program (before it starts about 5 mins after it has been running) then it restarts again when I start it. After that it usually restarts right when windows opens, then when it is loading up, then after that once I start my computer it is an endless cycle of reboots. Every now and then it has worked but no matter what when I save a word document (hopefully not when I save this one) it restarts. At first I thought it may have been my printer, now I unplugged it and it is still happening. So pretty much that is what has been going on and now it’s reached a point where it is unplayable and I can't really trust it enough to write anything for school on it.
 
Check your mothboard and CPU temperatures. My second computer restart itself every time CPU's temperature reach 65 C.
 
i think it's the memory. Everytime I try to run memtest, either the computer freezes or i get errors in the program. I'm having corsair do an RMA and hopefully this will solve the problem.
 
copeland3300 said:
and I have a Trojan but I think the problem is more ram related.

If you have a trojan you are wasting your time troubel shooting other issues. back up your data and format the drive so you can re-install. if you think its your memery then try swapping memeory but as long as windows is infected it is unreliable and i would not trust anything it does until you re-install.
 
if you have 2 sticks of memory, take one out and see if you can get memtest to run

but it does sound like it is memory related - are you doing any OC?
 
Back
Top