• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Odd artifacts at startup with 6800U...

d2thez

Gawd
Joined
Mar 21, 2003
Messages
562
I have a new Geforce 6800 Ultra from BFG. Sometimes when I start my PC, the desktop will have little black and white "like snow" all across the screen, and if I try to do too much I get a BSOD about nv_display being the culprit. This can be fixed by simply rebooting and everything is fine.

Now, temps are not an issue at all as I have checked extensively. FW are turned off, and I have upped the AGP voltage to 1.6 to no avail. I even tried different AGP Aperature settings.

I had a GF3 ti200 in the same system prior to this card, and it exhibited no problems what-so-ever. So is there any hope for me???
 
It could be a number of things. Try flashing your video card bios with the latest BFG bios. Did you run Driver Cleaner on your system before installing?. Is your card running at stock speeds, I've got artifact like you mentioned only when overclocked. Have you experimented with different Nvidia drivers?, 61.77 seems the most stable.

Abit BH7 (Intel 845PE) Stock values
Intel 2.5 ghz P4 533 FSB
512mb 2700 DDR
256mb 3200 DDR
Leadtek Winfast 400 TDH 6800
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2
30gb IBM Deskstar 7200
Plextor CD-RW 40r-40w-12rw
Pioneer CD 40x
Pioneer DVD 16r
Enermax 420 Watt Noisetaker AX
+3.3V@32A, +5V@36A, +12V1@15A, +12V2@14A,
-12V@0.8A, +5VSB@2.5A
19" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u
Logitech Webcam Messenger
Windows XP SP2
 
Back
Top