OCZ XMP 6GB(1600 Triple Channel)- $67.99 w/promo code & MIR

paco16

Limp Gawd
$92.99
-$20 MIR
-$5 w/ Promo Code EMCLRPL53

Subtotal: $67.99 w/free "eggsaver" shipping

Great price on a sick triple channel XMP kit. I just bought em'. Should be a nice upgrade from my OCZ Platinum 1333 3x1gb kit.

Link

Specs seem to be in line with OCZ's Gold set of triple channel DDR3. Not a bad price.

What about pairing this kit with the current memory I'm running? Advantages? Negatives?
I'm just not sure if non-xmp ram mixed with regular ram and different speeds will cause issues... Sounds pretty obvious perhaps... I could always just use these as backups...

What's with all the OCZ memory with same ratings going under different product names...? What's the difference? Also, I found this: Link. Has cas latency 7 instead of 8 and comes with an 8GB thumb drive. Is that better and does the promo code work? OCZ has really gotten me all confuddled with their different sets with same rating.......

EDIT: I was too hasty... It seems the promo code does not work for the item I linked.

Last edited:
What's with all the OCZ memory with same ratings going under different product names...? What's the difference? Also, I found this: Link. Has cas latency 7 instead of 8 and comes with an 8GB thumb drive. Is that better and does the promo code work? OCZ has really gotten me all confuddled with their different sets with same rating.......

EDIT: I was too hasty... It seems the promo code does not work for the item I linked.

And it's not XMP. Lots of people have touted the Platinum/Gold line as the best OCZ has quality-wise however the ram I've got now is just barely a month old and the glue that attaches the chip to the heat spreader is really chintzy. Is this something a lot of people are seeing?
The heat spreaders on the XMP modules looks a bit tougher.

And it's not XMP. Lots of people have touted the Platinum/Gold line as the best OCZ has quality-wise however the ram I've got now is just barely a month old and the glue that attaches the chip to the heat spreader is really chintzy. Is this something a lot of people are seeing?
The heat spreaders on the XMP modules looks a bit tougher.

I've used OCZ modules for years and I've never had an issue with the heat spreaders. I'd send them in if needed, they have a lifetime warranty.

The difference between the sets is how much additional voltage you can pump into them without voiding the warranty, IE: overclocking the modules. A quick look at their site will show you this, I was wondering the same several years ago and a quick viewing of their site answered all my questions. ;)

Back