• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OCZ Vertex Plus?

coder_t2

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
1,166
Hey guys, I wanted you general comments on the OCZ Vertex Plus. I am planning on getting the one below for my HTPC. $1/GB is a good deal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...227738&cm_sp=Cat_SSD-_-Spotlight-_-20-227-738

Now I know this drive won't be as fast as the new drives, but it doesn't cost as much either. My main concerns are reliability? I feel like I may have heard that earlier SSDs had poor failure rates, so I was hoping someone could confirm.

Also, the whole performance degradation issue. I also recall reading that older drives would gradually deteriorate in performance in time.

And of course if there are any other red flags someone wants to point out for this device, please let me know. Thanks.
 
Back
Top