• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OCZ Solid 3 SSD- good deal?

apav

Gawd
Joined
Sep 15, 2011
Messages
524
Hi there,

I'm in the market for an SSD and I'm on a budget. I want to get one for a boot drive and to put my games on to load faster. This SSD is on sale for $115 on :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227729


1.) It is listed on newegg under "laptop accessories." I heard it doesn't matter, will it still work on a desktop?
2.) I heard the speed isn't as fast as other SSD's on the market, but the normal price is in the same range as other 128gb SSD's.
3.) Other OCZ products like the Vertex 3 have frequent BSOD issues and the reviews aren't that good, can that be said for all OCZ products like this one?

I originally wanted to get the Crucial M4 but it is too expensive for me. Unless it goes on sale soon I might have to get this one. What do you guys think?
 
Basically this seems like the only OCZ SSD that people aren't complaining about that much, I hope this is a good choice in a SSD!
 
A Solid 3 uses the same controller as a Vertex 3 (Sandforce 2000 something), with slower flash. So, any problem the Vertex 3 can have, the Solid can have, too. Now, there is now a new firmware that seem to solve the problems, so you can buy either (and I would suggest a Vertex). First thing to do when you get it, update it to latest firmware.
 
Back
Top