OCZ RevoDrive + Acronis = fail

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
5,833
So I went out and got myself an OCZ RevoDrive. Then I thought that I would be crafty and just clone my current 64GB Samsung SSD to the new Revo and be done with it.

Little did I know. Acronis 11 doesn't recognize the Sil raid 0 Revo setup, instead it sees two individual SSD disks.

This means no clone and a Windows reinstall, which makes me a sad panda. Just a word of warning to those who may be contemplating get a Revo and do the clone.
 
Ha! I tricked it. Here's how to make it work:

Install RevoDrive driver under Windows. You will need to install as legacy driver, select storage adapter, then browse to dir where you unzipped the driver. That's because the RevoDrive doesn't actually show up in the Device Manager.

Once the storage adapter is installed the drive will appear when you go to Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management and it will ask you for the partition table, create MBR.

Now install Acronis. A novel notion, I know, lol. I have always and only used Acronis as boot CD to clone a drive, never as backup program. Once installed you will be able to clone your existing drive to the RevoDrive and from there proceed as normal.

Now that I have done that and it's all working I have to say that I perceive exactly zero difference between the RevoDrive as my OS drive and the previous Samsung something or other SSD that was in there ...., but I know that it's faster ... yup, marketing dudes got me!
 
Back
Top