OCZ Powerstream for my new setup?

EvilViking

I Drank All Your Beer
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
1,391
I am gearing up to build a new system, and was looking for some suggestions for a psu to use. I was leaning towards an (OCZ Powerstream 520x SLi) for $120. And have read good things about them. Lemme list what I am thinking of building and perhaps you folks can help me to the right path before I finalize my list :)

I am building an AMD X2 system / Asus mobo / with an SLi vga setup. One 74gb raptor, and multiple 120mm fans etc... Pretty good power consumption going on.


Silence and quiet is KEY.

Any suggestions or comments would be great.

Thanks!
 
I am completely satisfied with my ocz power stream. Any higher end, quality powersupply will do.
 
I personally like my PowerStream 520. Its really quiet most of the time.
 
The Seasonic S12-500/600 are SLI ready, from what I know. They're about the quietest high-power PSUs you can get.
 
I have nothing bad to say about my PowerStream 600.

Its quiet, and the rails RARELY fluctuate! :)
 
The OCZ PowerStream 520W is perfect! :)

What is with all of the Seasonic recommendations?
They are super quiet, but the OCZ certainly isn't loud & is a much better PSU.

1% load regulation
Adjustable rails
5yr warranty
Famous OCZ Customer Service
 
davidhammock200 said:
Famous OCZ Customer Service


really?

They are famous for their customer service now? I have never heard that. But I do recall them being infamous for the two times they got caught in memory scandals
 
needmorecarnitine said:
really?

They are famous for their customer service now? I have never heard that. But I do recall them being infamous for the two times they got caught in memory scandals
Where have you been for the past 3yrs?

OCZ now PWNS customer service! It is the best in the PC industry! :D
 
Do you work for them?

I know a lot of companies that have good customer service. What did OCZ do to make themselves famous (apart from the memory scandals)?
 
ocz has great customer service. i've rma'd things 3 times and they do it quick and dont ask many questions. when they started up i think they may have done questionable things but now its a lot different.
 
thanks for the posts guys. Think I may go with the OCZ 520w Sli for my SLI setup I am going to build. That is inless something else is on sale during my purchase time. Thanks
 
Back
Top