OCZ Phase $350 then $200

Thats an awesome deal, could do some nice OCing with that bad boy.
But I wouldn't want to get a Phase because I have heard that they are loud and and I don't want and more db floating around in my room then I need.
 
wow bout time. really makes me want to gow ith coolant now. air cooling doesnt cut it with todays speeds and power :D
 
what about condensation on these things? (im totally new to this sort of thing)
 
shit man! im buying one of these. 350 is a frickin steal for these too! an LS is like what? 700 or 800 bucks, yea so ill take 2 OCZ units for the price of one LS anyday.
 
I was just thinking of going Phase in the next month or two... every option that I looked at was in teh $900 range... for 200 I'll pick up 2... I always wanted to play with OC'n a 900mhz AMD i have... This product really has me excited!
 
But $200 is amazing, and they will drop it to $200 if the sales are good.
 
I cant imagine them getting the price down all the way to 200$ that would be insane.

350-400$ seems a lot more likely to me.
 
What OCZ had was a prototype, we should be seeing the real thing pretty soon though.

There is a little more info in an XS thread here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85243

As you can see from FUGGER's post, Chilly1 is behind this unit's design. Basically, this is supposed to be phase change for the masses. Big Toe has a word in post 63 of the thread.
 
Now the amount of people frying thier hardware due to lack of insulation/ not mounting properly will quadruple.
 
Nacho said:
Now the amount of people frying thier hardware due to lack of insulation/ not mounting properly will quadruple.

So?

I would get one, but I have a feeling that thing is heavy, no lanning for one of those :p
 
Well according to the XS thread OCZ is shooting for the 300-400$ price range...not the 200 mentioned by the OP.
 
Erasmus354 said:
Well according to the XS thread OCZ is shooting for the 300-400$ price range...not the 200 mentioned by the OP.

The OP has "OCZ Phase $350 then $200".
That "then" means later this year, a lot later.
 
Raudulfr said:
The OP has "OCZ Phase $350 then $200".
That "then" means later this year, a lot later.

If ever, OCZ stated that they would like to get it down that far, but it depends upon how well they can mass produce them and how high the demand for them is. It is far from a sure thing when / if the price ever gets to 200$
 
Getting down to $200 shouldn't be that difficult if enough people are buying. There's no new technology involved here it's just a repackaging issue.
 
Well, even if it doesn't get down to $200, the demand will be high. I can't wait until they come out. Probably when the price comes down to $300 I will buy one.
 
iSkylla said:
Well, even if it doesn't get down to $200, the demand will be high. I can't wait until they come out. Probably when the price comes down to $300 I will buy one.

Well $400 is still much better then Vapochill at $900+ Makes things alot easier on someone that was weary of jumping in at nearly 1k...
 
I'm really interested in this. I always wanted water, now something which can possibly bring better results for the same, if not cheaper, price.

Except, I'd have to redo my setup as a Phase change system + case in a desk cubbie wouldn't work out well . . .
 
Back
Top