OCZ Firmware 2.11 released

panthal01

n00b
I'm actually getting above rated speed for my Agi 3 60Gb. No complaints thus far :D

This is for thier latest series of drives....agi3,vertex 3 etc. http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?91864-Vertex3-Agility3-Solid3-Revo3-Firmware-ver-2.11-is-live-discuss-it-here.

Btw though....for those with Series 1 OCZ drives....they are currently working on a firmware with those that is going to bring a nice speed increase supposedly.Here is the thread.....

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?88696-Arowana-FW-when

Thanks for the heads up!

I just updated my Vertex 3 120GB on P8P67Pro, here is before and after ATTO:
No Secure Erase, just fw update

FW: 2.09
9dynE.jpg

FW: 2.11
5Je1v.jpg

I am tempted to upgrade, but I keep telling myself "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I have an OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G drive on 2.06 firmware. OCZ forums tell me I should upgrade to 2.11 and update my Intel Rapid Storage Device Driver. When I built my computer a few days ago I installed the one from MSI's website (10.5.0.1007). OCZ says I should download 10.6.0.1022 after updating the firmware of the SSD. My latest ATTO is below:

ATTO.png

I've only had the system a few days and haven't noticed any issues. No BSODs, no freezing, motherboard sees drive on multiple reboots and even when I power the PC on from a complete shutdown. Not sure if it is worth updating, but the staff on the OCZ forums have done a lot more testing then me. SSD is connected to my MSI P67A-C43 (B3) on the SATA-III 6 Gbps port. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

I've printed out the guide on how to update the firmware and burned the bootable .iso tool (ocz_fwupd_1.642.12.04.iso) using ImgBurn so I am ready to update. Next step is to take the plunge!

well... irony.. I just bought an intel 510 to replace my agility 3 which was nice and fast but has been BSODing my system even after all the recommended tweaks... I spend a lot of time on the OCZ forums and seems like these fw updates help some but not all... hopefully 2.11 works for most but I'm done beta testing. :p

This is ridiculous shit. Thought about buying an OCZ SSD but after reading up about stupid firmware updates, I decided to give up on it. OCZ firmware updates it's like AMD and Nvidia constantly updating their buggy drivers. My 30GB Kingston SSD have no problem what so ever running my Asrock Ion 330 with Windows 7 64bit. Still deciding if I should risk with the most reliable Intel SSD. Intel 5 yrs warranty might seal the deal.

Last edited:
Well, since installing 2.11 ive had 3 KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR blue screens.

ive switched over to the msahci driver from intel 10.6.0.1002 to see if it helps

Last edited:
Still waiting on FW feedback - I'm still on the original 2.02 on my 2 240's. Rock solid.

Hopefully 2.11 is the new shiz to go to, if not, no problems here stayin' on 2.02.

I didn't have too many issues with 2.02, except that I would get a weird long pause, like 30 seconds or longer at random times, mostly after reboots. As long as I wasn't doing anything important, it didn't bother me. However I just recently upped to 2.08 and then to 2.11 and those issues were resolved. Overall it seems performance has gone up, but I have no quantative data to support that except my feelings of the operation. Using the linux tools to boot up from a usb stick is pretty easy for updating as well.

I didn't have too many issues with 2.02, except that I would get a weird long pause, like 30 seconds or longer at random times, mostly after reboots. As long as I wasn't doing anything important, it didn't bother me. However I just recently upped to 2.08 and then to 2.11 and those issues were resolved. Overall it seems performance has gone up, but I have no quantative data to support that except my feelings of the operation. Using the linux tools to boot up from a usb stick is pretty easy for updating as well.

Hmmm, no pauses here on 2.02.

Along with yourself, many who have updated to 2.11 have said they've literally "felt' a difference in snappiness. That's pretty cool, when you can say that with a firmware flash - not just slight differences in benchmark numbers. I'm excited as I can't imagine these things being any faster than they are. That, to me says they've (SF) tweaked the actual SATA negotiation speeds/handshake stuff. OCZ has eluded to that in some of their threads that are dealing with the various firmware updates. Also, the new intel RST OROM / 10.6 drivers are a requirement for 2.11 - maybe those are helping speeds as well.

This is ridiculous shit. Thought about buying an OCZ SSD but after reading up about stupid firmware updates, I decided to give up on it. OCZ firmware updates it's like AMD and Nvidia constantly updating their buggy drivers. My 30GB Kingston SSD have no problem what so ever running my Asrock Ion 330 with Windows 7 64bit. Still deciding if I should risk with the most reliable Intel SSD. Intel 5 yrs warranty might seal the deal.

I'm guessing th equality control for driver software sucks at OCZ. It's custom and not the stock Sandforce firmware and I'd say they tweak it for the fastest performance but don't test at all for stability. It's all about getting the fastest benchmark and that's it.

I'm guessing th equality control for driver software sucks at OCZ. It's custom and not the stock Sandforce firmware and I'd say they tweak it for the fastest performance but don't test at all for stability. It's all about getting the fastest benchmark and that's it.

No, it is not all about the fastest benchmark. It is also about getting the product out as fast as possible, whether it has been through adequate QA testing or not....

No, it is not all about the fastest benchmark. It is also about getting the product out as fast as possible, whether it has been through adequate QA testing or not....

Mix OCZ with SF and you've got the potential for disaster...

I blame SF just as much as OCZ if not more as Corsair and other SF vendors have the fw issues as well...

Yeah, that's kinda what I meant as well. Skip the full QA and just target the fastest benchmark so the review sites give you the gold star. Any site review SSD's for long term usage? Every OCZ thread that comes up is because someone's SSD from them has died.

Back