Octobox Lives!

SatTech

2[H]4U
Just got time to put together a quad 9800GX2 folding box.
Octobox.jpg

Its got an X2 5000+ on an MSI K9A2 Platinum MB with 4 eVGA 9800GX2s. I had to split the power duties up between a Corsair 750 watt and a PC P&C 510 watt power supplies. That's why there are all of those extra wires zip tied up (I know it's messy, but I'm in no mood to wrangle a bunch of wires). It's currently putting out about 35k.

This is the box that it is replacing. I had to retire it for a while due to heat/electricity. If I get my 20A dedicated line run to the computer room, I may fire it back up.

Quad-Box.jpg

Lots of airflow through that case. It's an Antec 1200. The front is all fans.

Oh, and the wires are all ziptied off to the side so there's plenty of flow.

whats the pull at the wall while folding?

Yeah, you don't want to know. Kendrak can probably tell you though.

That is a nice looking octobox you have there. You are right. The Frankenstein power supply does bring a lot of wires to the fight. I just wish I could get my one GPU to run right...

Yeah, I thought about cutting the wires I didn't need, but I fully intend on picking up a 12-1500 watt p/s when I have some funding and I want to be able to use the 2 power supplies in there for something else sometime in the future.

Nice build! Did you have to bend anything to get the fourth GX2 to fit in the case?

My box pulls about 980W with very similar specs.

I say save your money and keep the dual PSUs. :D

I had to bend one of the tabs on the bracket to get it to go.

And thanks for all of the comments!

Back