Oc'n an ati x1900

Gun_Strife

2[H]4U
hey guys maybe you can help me out i asked in ati section but no one seems to wanna help
this is my first ati card and its a a X1900 crossfire edition card have 2 but have only messed with one so far and would like to see how it can oc
now ive played with it a bit and from its stock speeds of 500core and 594mem took it to 690core and 800mem at least thats what it shows threw ati overdrive is there other tools out there to help oc it or am i done cause i dont know if it feels like the numbers say

any help is greatly appreciated

Get ahold of ATITool and do the following:

1) Open it up, and click SETTINGS
1a) Inside SETTINGS, under USE DEVICE: - click the dropdown menu and select the SECOND option, should be 0x7249: R580, Bus:4,Dev:0 or something similar, but NOT 0x5952: 5952,Bus...blah blah.
2) Go to FAN CONTROL (SETTINGS>FAN CONTROL) and either use Fixed Percentage: 100%, OR Dynamic based on GPU temperature: and then save
2a) Under Dynamic, you can adjust ANY of these to suit you, I found that the default settings didn't help as much as I thought they should, so I changed them
3) Go to VOLTAGE CONTROL (SETTINGS>VOLTAGE CONTROL)
3a) Set your VGPU to 1.425V (this is the MAIN reason for poor overclocks...there are 2D volts, and 3D volts, and when gaming your card will automatically switch to 3D...but sometimes the standard 1.425 isn't enough. Mine is set at 1.450V)
3b) The rest of these voltage controls DO matter some, but not as much as the first. You can up them a SMALL amount - I'm at MVDDC: 2.140V, MVDDQ 2.108V, and VDDCI 1.486 (this one tends to like LOWER voltages sometimes)
3c) Dont forget to save! (It's going to say your voltage is too high, but unless you've gone higher than I, you probably don't need to worry!)

From there, the BEST way to overclock that card isn't by clicking FIND MAX on core and mem, it is BEST to increase the MHz on just the core, then SCAN FOR ARTIFACTS, if no problems, turn off scanning, increase it a bit more, and scan again.
Do this for both core and memory, and maybe play with your voltages a bit...you may be able to get a little more with higher voltages, but remember, with more volts comes more heat, and these things get HOT!!!
I've successfully got my core up to 730MHz and my memory at 873MHz, but not at the same time. Highest stable without artifacting was 685core / 873memory, which isn't bad, but my core won't take more when the memory is that high, and the memory won't go up much when the core is higher than 700MHz...so it's a trade-off. You'll have to find which gives you the best results.

Good luck in your overclocking!
(Now, why did we overclock the nastiest card on the planet again?)

Psychlone

Back