OCM Project: H0b02g0

Hobo Man

n00b
Joined
Jun 16, 2006
Messages
35
This is the worklog of my modding project entry for the OzCaseModz...
OCM Modding Competition 2007/08

Proudly sponsored by...
http://www.gammods.com.au/store
http://www.bcwh.com.au
http://www.mnpctech.com
http://www.gamehead.com.au
http://www.steelseries.com
http://www.quicksms.com.au/

If you are an Australian resident, you're welcome to join in!
Note: The inclusion of the above sponsor ads and link to the OzCaseModz 'official' competition page are a condition of entry. Failure to comply could result in disqualification.

------------------------------------------------
Well seeing as I had a lot of crap that I couldnt get for The invaders project (and the case got a dent in it :( ) I decided to start anew, this time with a scratch built case.

I decided to base it on the mountain mods h2g0 (see http://www.mountainmods.com/computer-cases-h2go-c-21_81.html?osCsid=1jfmnlrrp948nisjf6a9agfhf7 and http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160216&highlight=h2g0 for more info). Here is where I am at after a days work:

the bare case (with mobo tray, note area to be cut out):
IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg


With a brief component mockup to make sure my psu will fit etc.
IMG_0259.jpg


My uber power button (local electronics store ftw!!!)
IMG_0266.jpg


Fans!!!!
IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

And a size comparison with my Clive Cussler book collection:
IMG_0274.jpg
 
We have a back panel (made of the side of the mod case :) )
IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg


Button is also mounted on the front, but its a bit flexy when I press it. hopefully the fans will add rigidity to the plex.
IMG_0276.jpg


The front has also been remade the same as the back for more rigidity!
 
(crappy camera phone pics :) )

I got some stuff to go in/on my case :)

Picture0035.jpg

GRILLS YAY!!!!! (these were a pain in the ass to get, Thank god the Local electronics shop could get em. took 2 damn weeks to get em in)

Picture0036.jpg

Split corrugated tubing stuff to sleeve my psu!!!

Picture0037.jpg

And Paint :)
 
Clive Cussler kicks serious ass :D nice work on the case :) are you planning to paint the grills, or leave them silver?



cute??? lol


I plan to leave em silver, to contrast with the black paint :)

I want to know about the cute thing to :p

thanks for the comments.
 
Heh I have finished it now:
PICS!!!!:
IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg


Ill get some pics with hardware later this week :)
 
Better pics: More like what it actually looks like (damn flash making it look grey and showing up nonexistant smudges)
IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg
 
Wow, that looks great man!
But I want pics of it with computer components in it!!! :D
 
looking good !!
I can't wait to see hardware installed.
only thing is i would swap the power button for a silver one to match the fan grilles.
(or maybe paint the one you have)
 
Back
Top